SASS Wire Forum

Classic CC Shootist Of Year Award Dinner 22'

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in for two.                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

47 Attending... Going to be a great turnout!

WOW, does that mean that they have reserved the whole restuarant for our group? :P

• 2 weeks later...

I regret to post that I’m canceling my trip to Land Run. On going health issues have me scared to travel. 

• 2 weeks later...

How far is this shindig from the shooting range?  Some of us (Whiskey Hayes included) are in the last posse on Thursday, which shouldn't finish shooting until about 6 pm.  That doesn't leave a lot of time to get cleaned up, put gear away, and get to the party.

49 minutes ago, Diamond Jake said:

How far is this shindig from the shooting range?  Some of us (Whiskey Hayes included) are in the last posse on Thursday, which shouldn't finish shooting until about 6 pm.  That doesn't leave a lot of time to get cleaned up, put gear away, and get to the party.

Myself and couple of others I know of are in that same position.  I looked it up and it is about 29miles (33mins) from the range according to Google maps.

1 hour ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Myself and couple of others I know of are in that same position.  I looked it up and it is about 29miles (33mins) from the range according to Google maps.

In true Cowboy fashion, we can walk into the room, dust of our chaps with our hats, and settle down for some vittles.

Is the venue going to be able to accomodate this large of a group?

Do they have enough food? :D

9 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

In true Cowboy fashion, we can walk into the room, dust of our chaps with our hats, and settle down for some vittles.

There ya go!   I am kinda hoping for a "social"  till about 7:30, then settle down to eat.  The "saloon" area has been reserved for us, so come hungry and thirsty everyone!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

57 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

There ya go!   I am kinda hoping for a "social"  till about 7:30, then settle down to eat.  The "saloon" area has been reserved for us, so come hungry and thirsty everyone!

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Oh, I'll be thirsty. Glad you're driving. :D

14 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Do they have enough food? :D

I'll be sure to save ya a couple of rib bones and maybe a dinner roll. 

2 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Don't feed the strays .... :P

Any other folks care to join the festivities?

You get any more and we'll have to dine in posse waves, just like we shoot the match!

On 9/22/2022 at 9:19 PM, Major Art Tillery said:

I’m in the last wave too. We’ll make do.
Looking forward to meeting ya’ll!

1 hour ago, Nellie Blue #54399 said:

Graybow Slim asked me to RSVP for him. He’s hunting in Colorado right now and can’t get online. 

Great!  Will add him to the list.   He tops out my reservation for the dinner!  What a large group!

On 9/22/2022 at 9:19 PM, Major Art Tillery said:

On 9/25/2022 at 9:03 PM, Ruby Red Rider said:

I’m in the last wave too. We’ll make do.
Looking forward to meeting ya’ll!

On 9/22/2022 at 8:28 PM, Diamond Jake said:

I just checked and I'm on the last wave that day also. :ph34r: :P

Great get together tonight to honor two well deserving Classics. Great to actually meet face to face with my Classic friends from the wire. Thanks to the Magnificent Seven for organizing it. 

Archived