SASS Wire Forum

Bush tucker man

41 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

How did it take me so long to find this guy? His shows were pretty good to watch. Was he popular down under?

Extremely......and he accounted for a lot of sales of Akubra Sombrero hats!

Watched Season 1. Very well done and very informative.  Did notice that so far he hasn't talked about any animals to avoid except for Salt Water Crocs.

Wish I had a job like that.

He was an Army Major and made our edible maps (a map of an area with bush tucker notes on the back and areas you could find the food added to the front page representations).

I met him in Darwin in the 80's and he was just like he is on TV.

There is a very early series made when he was still an Officer and he wears his version of our early green uniform with his rank slides on it.

image.jpeg.2d84e0a81baa96c1987b8cd7961724cc.jpeg

7 hours ago, Major Crimes said:

He was an Army Major and made our edible maps (a map of an area with bush tucker notes on the back and areas you could find the food added to the front page representations).

I met him in Darwin in the 80's and he was just like he is on TV.

There is a very early series made when he was still an Officer and he wears his version of our early green uniform with his rank slides on it.

image.jpeg.2d84e0a81baa96c1987b8cd7961724cc.jpeg

What revolver did he carry? Appears double action maybe a S&W?

14 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

What revolver did he carry? Appears double action maybe a S&W?

Sorry to long ago for me to recall. Dim dark thoughts are that it was a 44 mag but that may be mixed memories between him and Clint:blush:

Our service pistol at the time was the Browning 9mm mk1, but it definitely wasn't that.

Archived