SASS Wire Forum

Yeah, it was a dumb idea

Utah Bob #35998

I have decided on a new hobby. I shall buy a vintage sports car, possibly red, and cruise the college campuses inder the pseudonym Professor Alpha Centauri Jones, head of the Astrophysics Archaeology Department. I think I may need an ascot too. And some tweed. B)

EDIT: By the way, I’m not looking to hook up with silly co-eds, God forbid. I would prefer more mature faculty members. Like art or history teachers who could hold an intelligent conversation over a glass of wine. So there! 
Or perhaps I’m setting the bar too high. 
Yeah. Dumb plan. I’ll put my cowboy boots back on. :rolleyes::lol:

2AD558F4-9F98-49FD-81F0-3A68FA1F53AE.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Caladisi kid said:

If your chapeau was only real! :rolleyes:

Whatta mean? It is.

B507D3EC-CCC8-47B5-A5FF-385E0AB2411E.jpeg

AC Ace-Bristol For Sale | Hemmings

Ya need a SPECIAL red motorcar.  1957 ACE Bristol.

The hat looks photoshopped;)

4 minutes ago, Caladisi kid said:

AC Ace-Bristol For Sale | Hemmings

Ya need a SPECIAL red motorcar.

The hat looks photoshopped;)

:lol: Hat’s real. The beard is fake. 

8F3C7EF1-7209-4127-AB69-6E752CA9F7AF.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

By the way, I’m not looking to hook up with silly co-eds, God forbid. I would prefer more mature faculty members. Like art or history teachers who could hold an intelligent conversation over a glass of wine.

You'd be more likely to have an intelligent conversation WITH the silly co-ed. Their minds are still developing. The mind of your average college teacher has been rotted by years of "Academia".

Utah Bob, My apologies!  The lighting in the photo sure makes it look photo shopped.  If we ever meet at some pub down the road I owe ya a pint and good cigar.   :) :FlagAm:

14 hours ago, Alpo said:

Isn't there supposed to be suede elbow patches on that jacket?

No. Only on the tweed one. 

Don't let the "Nay-Sayers" bug ya.  I really like the Cap.  Be it a "Thug" or "Paper Boy" or whatever, it's a fine Cap.  I have about a dozen of 'em.  Some from Ireland, Some form Scotland, Some from Disneyland.  Great Hats all.

Funny, I have a cap that was my Dad's, a Cuffley Cap by Stetson, fur felt made in England of all things.  Rather stylish and it looked good on him.  He wore it on a trip to visit relatives in Germany.  Everyone was horrified because at the time, that cap style was all the rage among German gangsters.  

Whiskers... Check!

Car... Check!

Pipe... Check!

Hat... Check!

^_^

image.jpeg.77519d75257cded2aa9c52dca1ed0e40.jpeg     image.png.cd4ec0ca9a800c8549b410ebf7f7cab3.png

Edit:  Oops... almost forgot the academic!  ^_^

Ms Helen Brimstone... retired engineer, with a background in thermodynamics and aerospace... classically trained pianist...  :rolleyes:

image.thumb.jpeg.22cf9cc4b50175c6cb4f8063cc60a9bf.jpeg   image.thumb.jpeg.019628920b16f4b381ad6cabe571916a.jpeg

hlb0zH.jpg

18 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I have decided on a new hobby. I shall buy a vintage sports car, possibly red, and cruise the college campuses inder the pseudonym Professor Alpha Centauri Jones, head of the Astrophysics Archaeology Department. I think I may need an ascot too. And some tweed. B)

EDIT: By the way, I’m not looking to hook up with silly co-eds, God forbid. I would prefer more mature faculty members. Like art or history teachers who could hold an intelligent conversation over a glass of wine. So there! 
Or perhaps I’m setting the bar too high. 
Yeah. Dumb plan. I’ll put my cowboy boots back on. :rolleyes::lol:

2AD558F4-9F98-49FD-81F0-3A68FA1F53AE.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

hlb0zH.jpg

Like the photo wasn’t too much already. :D

I do not wear the scally cap into town. I would be pegged as a tourist and wouldn’t be able to get a good deal on Navajo jewelry. 
Might possibly incite a lynch mob also. :lol:

Those portrait conversions are pretty cool. :) Looking good PR & UB.

7 hours ago, Chickasaw Bill SASS #70001 said:

well heck 

almost all my ideas are DUMB , some are down right STUPID 

CB :o

......... I've heard the same thing ...........

.... about me ......    :blush:

Archived