SASS Wire Forum

Freedom Arms model 97 ok?

1 hour ago, Silver Rings SASS # 27466 said:

Is the Freedom Arms model 97 an acceptable main match pistol.  It looks like a modern version of the Colt saa to me.  It has fixed sights. It's. 357 mag.

image.png.8a740823ea93871192833bdbde8071a3.png

Not the true fixed sight Model 97 pictured. I have shot FA 97s for 20 years in SASS.  Great company with outstanding revolvers. Not necessarily a speed revolver for two hand hold but, IMO, more fit for duelist/gunfighter.

17 minutes ago, Silver Rings SASS # 27466 said:

Thanks for the help, a new pard at our club asked and I was not sure.  He will be happy. 

Silver Rings 

SR,

If I can be of any help, just ask.  Was Freedom Arms dealer for over 25 years and shot their revolvers equally as long, 97 and/or 87s (in IHMSA and as avid handgun hunter). The Baker Family are great people and an asset to the "gun world".

BTW, as pictured, octagon barrel and "trigger-stop" is added optional to stock 97. 38 sp cylinders would be also.  I am not sure as to legality in SASS of the trigger-stop.

2 hours ago, Silver Rings SASS # 27466 said:

Thanks again for the information. I don't know if the new pard's pistol has a trigger stop. I will have to check. 

SR

Just going by pic. Doubt that was his. 

Caution to gunsmith trigger job. Most do not know them and I can possibly direct him to better trigger if interested. Warranty is fairly easy to void, but then premium grade has lifetime warranty if not tampered with passed  basics.

Good luck to your friend. An excellent revolver.

bb

3 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Just going by pic. Doubt that was his. 

Caution to gunsmith trigger job. Most do not know them and I can possibly direct him to better trigger if interested. Warranty is fairly easy to void, but then premium grade has lifetime warranty if not tampered with passed  basics.

Good luck to your friend. An excellent revolver.

bb

The FA life time warranty is only to the orginal buyer. 

7 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

The FA life time warranty is only to the orginal buyer. 

you be right

Archived