SASS Wire Forum

Lcr verses bodyguard

Trigger Mike

One local store has a Ruger LCR 38 .  Someone did a Bubba job of cerakote in olive green.  The color itself is nice but it is coming off at the barrel, sight, backplate behind cylinder and a few other places but still is 379.

A different local place has a S and W bodyguard 38.  The laser doesn't work.  Finish is worn at barrel from holster wear.  Overall finish is dull so to me both need a new cerakote job which cost around 150 according to a third dealer who can cerakote.  The bodyguard is 300.

Which is the more accurate pistol?

The Smith, not that accuracy is that big a deal in those small guns. I would pass on both though.

I'm with Bob, pass on both, especially if you plan on carrying it...if so, get a better gun, tons available. Smaller, more ammo and reliable and better caliber(see sig365) For just a little more cash, what is your or your famalies life worth? If it's not a carry, just a range toy, then go for the one ya don't have to put money in...

Any gun I carry, main, backup, or backup to the backup will be the best I can afford. Even If I have to save up.

Any gun I carry has to be dependable price has no bearing on it. Only if I can depend on it to fire when necessary and not fail.

The LCR is a excellent carry as good as any of the new Smith's out there but lighter. I carry a converted LCRX to LCR config but keeping the 3" barrel.

Howdy

Consider the lcr in 9 mm. loads and clears empty five at a time.

And you dont leave brass and can reload it easy.

I hear it can be loaded without the moon clip.

I ainta tried it tho.

Not a target gun.

Not a shoot all day at the range gun.

Preloaded moon clips fit right into green medicine bottles.

Best

CR

On 7/13/2022 at 5:42 PM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

PLZ, don't leave a loaded gun in any unattended vehicle 

Sorry when I need a gun I need it now 

The LCR has a non-linear trigger mechanism which improves the trigger pull.  My wife is familiar with pistols & revolvers.  Her choice for a carry gun is a Smith 38+P Bodyguard.  She chose to buy the Smith even though she had a Kimber Ultra CDP II that she even carried open during the carry protest in CA..  After moving to NV & getting a CC permit she bought the Smith.  I believe the reason she bought it is it is much smaller than the 3.25" barrel Kimber.

I think I will pass on both for now.  Since they are in rough shape it makes me wonder how much they were neglected and mistreated.  I've got guns I carried for a long time in better shape.  My first backup when I was an officer back in the 90s is still in excellent shape.  It was pocket carried .  

On 7/13/2022 at 5:42 PM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

PLZ, don't leave a loaded gun in any unattended vehicle 

I can understand if a car is left unlocked, but if left locked what is the reason for not keeping it in the car?  

Having said that,  your post got me to thinking and I took the one out of my wife's car as while it is kept in the garage,  it is unlocked and I don't want young hands getting to it.  

48 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

I can understand if a car is left unlocked, but if left locked what is the reason for not keeping it in the car?  

Having said that,  your post got me to thinking and I took the one out of my wife's car as while it is kept in the garage,  it is unlocked and I don't want young hands getting to it.  

Cars get stolen and broken into is why...

Archived