SASS Wire Forum

Just how low is this country going to sink into the looney quagmire?

6 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

I tuned into Gunsmoke this morning, and the following warning came up:

This program contains outdated cultural depictions. Viewer discretion is advised.

For crying out loud!!!

Of course it does. All Mexican sound like the Frito bandito. Indians are bad. Black people are lazy and shiftless.

8 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Watched Key Largo over the weekend.  The advisory was that it contained tobacco and alcohol use, and violence.  Viewer discretion was advised.

OMG -- tobacco and alcohol.  But the same groups think smoking dope is just fine.  LOL. 

a local school put litter boxes in the bathrooms for those that identify as a furry .........and i just heard that the HR person for a local company is asking job applicants to provide their 'pronouns' on their applications , 

im glad im close to checking out , i thought pronouns was a grammar thing you got beat into your hear like punctuation , but ...OH YES , punctuation is no longer relevant either and cursive is unknown , 

i guess it is what it is but id hate to be the janitor that has to deal with all those litter boxes - i would say HE:: NO 

19 hours ago, Okie Sawbones, SASS #77381 said:

I tuned into Gunsmoke this morning, and the following warning came up:

This program contains outdated cultural depictions. Viewer discretion is advised.

For crying out loud!!!

Yep, I've been seeing this for months now! Ridiculous!

Try experiencing it from inside a Fortune 50 company.  It is not about what you have accomplished or your character and work ethic, it’s about your gender and color for every job opportunity and filling the quotas.  Oh and meetings about how quotas are a good thing and not driven by trying to meet a quota….yep you read that right.  

we have a pension plan and a nice 401k where I work and 15 year people are leaving in very high numbers as because they are white males they are suddenly toxic.

Yep.
Been there, worked in that, and retired from it.

We had posters in the restrooms...
Don't stand on the toilet seat and dive bomb the bowl.
Sinks are not for feet washing.

Newspaper reporter and essayist H. L. Mencken once wrote, “Freedom of the press is limited to those who own one.” In other words, it is ultimately those who own the newspapers and media outlets who determine what information gets published.  

It is the responsibility of those that read/see it to determine how they interpret/comprehend the material and how one should act, if at all.

Just my 2 cents.   :) :FlagAm:

The media can't even give you a definition of what a female is, so we should not be too surprised at what they do. They think everyone is a dumb as they are, and they put warnings on everything, including some of the old Warner Brothers cartoons!!! :blush:

If anyone looks at movies, or cartoons, and thinks that is way it was, back then, then they need to go lie down and have a piece of fruit. Since when does holly-weird ever get anything accurate about anything?

This is just a crummy way that they can C.Y.A., so they won't be liable, in case some nut-job out there may sue them for some reason, using the lame excuse that they were not informed beforehand. :blink: 

12 hours ago, Caladisi kid said:

Newspaper reporter and essayist H. L. Mencken once wrote, “Freedom of the press is limited to those who own one.” In other words, it is ultimately those who own the newspapers and media outlets who determine what information gets published.  

It is the responsibility of those that read/see it to determine how they interpret/comprehend the material and how one should act, if at all.

Just my 2 cents.   :) :FlagAm:

i live like that , sometimes i hold my tongue , further comment here will only get me in deeper 

Archived