SASS Wire Forum

Land Run - Where to stay

Dang It Dan 13202

Hello All, I am sure someone has already asked this but a search didn't really turn up anything, so there is a slim chance I will make into Land Run and want to get my ducks in a row.  There seem to be plenty of motels around, but does anyone with experience with this match have any suggestions?

Much appreciated.

Dang It

Sassy and I stay here..

.Hampton Inn Oklahoma City Northeast
11820 N I- 35 Service Rd, Oklahoma City, OK
(405) 608-2744
https://www.hilton.com
21 minutes (15.4 miles) from range & 9 minutes (5.4 miles) to banquet

A few years ago we stayed at the Edmond La Quinta and it was very nice, last year we stayed there again and it had turned into a dive, we reported roaches in the room, and no one came up and sprayed for them.   I highly don't recommend them...

and wherever you stay, watch your speed around Arcadia.

Got several pairs of Cattleman with lowered hammers. I shoot gunfighter.  Got enough Colts with standard hammers.  Lowered hammers don't seem to add much to anything. 

I have a pair of Pietta with low hammers and short stroke.  In these guns, the timing was way off.  With short stroke you're trying to move parts with 2/3 the ark.   Also,  had to use stronger hammer spring to get reliable ignition.   I've heard others say the same.  

Oops,  cross threaded. 

14 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Sassy and I stay here..

.Hampton Inn Oklahoma City Northeast
11820 N I- 35 Service Rd, Oklahoma City, OK
(405) 608-2744
https://www.hilton.com
21 minutes (15.4 miles) from range & 9 minutes (5.4 miles) to banquet

5 hours ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

and wherever you stay, watch your speed around Arcadia.

Yes and Yes.

This will be our fourth trip to Land Run and always use Airbnb. Just looked and there some nice apartments and house available at reasonable prices. When looking at a property be sure to check the cleaning cost. Any questions let me know. The house that we have is about 20 minutes to the range.

• 2 weeks later...

Airbnb us way to go!  Find a house in Edmund with a garage. Don’t have to unload guns from truck every night. Plus have more room, can cook, etc. cost is very comparable to a decent hotel room. 

get a 3 BR house and share expenses with another shooter 

Sleep Inn, OKC north, exit 137 off of I35.   Just a mile or two down the road from Arcadia.   We have stayed there numerous times when going to Land Run or RDR, back when they had it.  I always got a good rate and the room was nice.  There is an IHOP within walking distance but last time we were there, it was awful.  Across the interstate at that same exit, there is a Cracker Barrell and Sonic, truck stop or two, and some other hotels.  

Archived