SASS Wire Forum

Army planning to rename 9 bases

Maybe it's just the way they write stuff. They need a decent editor.

>have names “that evoke confidence in all who serve.”<

Yes sir, baby, we're going to do away with the names of all those evil Confederates, and rename them after black people and women!!

935398097_Coolstorynotext.jpg.3117c90bb4f119b148c73f76699f96b0.jpg

So, which one is going to be Fort Tubman?

I’d vote for the name “Fort Go Screw Yourself You PC Woke Douchebags”

That’s probably too long and it would diminish millennial life spans due to the number of syllables. 

Here are a few shorter ones:

9 Forts, 9 ideas…

Fort Woke B****es

Fort Safe Space

Fort Bedwetting Limpwrister

Fort Let’s Go Brandon

Fort Tranny

Fort Sexual Identity 

Fort LGBTQ - Let’s Get Biden To Quit

Fort Triggered

Fort Emasculation

There. 9 appropriate names for today’s day and age. 

19 minutes ago, Alpo said:

So, which one is going to be Fort Tubman?

She wasn't connected to the military, so it's doubtful. On the other hand, she was a rock-ribbed Republican, a Bible-believing Christian, and never went unarmed. So she had that in her favor!

More of the woke agenda rearing its ugly head. 

Let's bury history, so we won't hurt anyone's "wittle feelings".

If a member of the military is upset by the existing names of the military installations, then perhaps they need to resign. If something like this gets to them, I'd hate to go into combat with them. 

For crying in a bucket!!!  

7 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

She wasn't connected to the military, so it's doubtful. On the other hand, she was a rock-ribbed Republican, a Bible-believing Christian, and never went unarmed. So she had that in her favor!

I've seen articles that refer to her as a general, and said that she led troops during the Civil War.

I have, not surprisingly, no comment.

What about renaming Ft. Bragg, Ft. Joseph Wheeler?  He was the cavalry commander of the troops in Cuba during the S-A War.  Oh, wait a minute! He was a Confederate officer during the CW.  That ought to confuse and confound a lot of people! :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Chuck Steak said:

no mention of renaming fort mcclellan - just because he wore a blue suit doesnt mean he wasnt an enemy to the cause...

Ft McClellan was closed in 1999.  Parts of the base belong to the Alabama National Guard: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fort_McClellan#Closing_and_present_use

Now I agree with changing Fort Bragg.  I never could understand why the Army ever named a fort after one of the sorriest American generals in history!!

Braxton_Bragg.jpg

18 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Now I agree with changing Fort Bragg.  I never could understand why the Army ever named a fort after one of the sorriest American generals in history!!

Braxton_Bragg.jpg

The douche that built my falling down chimney was named Bragg. It all makes sense now.:angry:

4 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Braxton_Bragg.jpg

I have to partly agree but heck let’s keep the name because of the great service he rendered for the USA. Who else contributed more to the defeat of the Confederacy than Braxton?

Seamus

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I’d vote for the name “Fort Go Screw Yourself You PC Woke Douchebags”

That’s probably too long and it would diminish millennial life spans due to the number of syllables. 

Here are a few shorter ones:

9 Forts, 9 ideas…

Fort Woke B****es

Fort Safe Space

Fort Bedwetting Limpwrister

Fort Let’s Go Brandon

Fort Tranny

Fort Sexual Identity 

Fort LGBTQ - Let’s Get Biden To Quit

Fort Triggered

Fort Emasculation

There. 9 appropriate names for today’s day and age. 

You made my evening!

Oh look... squirrel!
I am saddened by the population being SO stupid they can be smoke-screened so easily.

Diesel is $6.80 here in CA, we have staggering inflation, massive illegal invasion, riots, crime, arson, bums and the asphyxiation of our Constitution rights... and all they can do is rename military bases.

Consider what the cost of changing all these names will be: signs, ID marking of equipment, even correspondence, answering machines, road signs, maps, records, and the list goes on, all because of some PC BS being pushed by leftist, anti-history idiots onto the weak-kneed ignorant and uncaring politicians and appointed / hired government pukes in offices around the country. 

17 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Consider what the cost of changing all these names will be: signs, ID marking of equipment, even correspondence, answering machines, road signs, maps, records, and the list goes on, all because of some PC BS being pushed by leftist, anti-history idiots onto the weak-kneed ignorant and uncaring politicians and appointed / hired government pukes in offices around the country. 

..... if you keep holding back like that, you're gonna hurt yourself .......   -_-

4 hours ago, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Birdgun, Braxton Bragg achieved one of the greatest  southern victories at Chickamauga , so why no love for him ??

Only to loose Chattanooga shortly thereafter.   As I recall, it was at Chattanooga that General Forrest told Bragg something to the effect that if Bragg ever got near him again, he'd kill him. :o

Bragg took full blame as a good commander would.overall the North vastly out numbered him. Plus he had too much ground to cover which meant the North could concentrate their attacks on smaller units. On the second day his rear guard of 600 men were over run by 9,000 Federals. This was repeated  over several days and several spots.

Remember Bragg started out by  encircling the Federals then later he was put into  a defensive position when Grant sent more troops. 
Bragg took the defeat personally mad resigned from the army He was so well

thought of  he was re instated to Davis’ staff.

I spent time at Bragg and am not happy about the name Change.

PS the confrontation between Forrest and Bragg while being printed has no basis in fact. The confrontation had nothing to do with the battle but rather Forrest was passed over for promotion and was not happy about it and he let Bragg know about it

I don't even recognize this country anymore. It certainly is not the country that I grew up in. One where people could debate without burning down buildings. One where people respected law enforcement. One where criminals were put in jail. One where borders were recognized. One where religion was still accepted. One where we prayed in school and stood for the pledge of allegiance. It is all about me now, and what can I get from the government. It is where if I don't agree with a law, I'll burn you down.

I'm glad I'm in the winter of my life.

On 7/11/2022 at 10:14 PM, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

I have to partly agree but heck let’s keep the name because of the great service he rendered for the USA. Who else contributed more to the defeat of the Confederacy than Braxton?

Seamus

Jubilation T. Cornpone?

Glad the country has no real problems and we can devote time and resources to this.

On 7/13/2022 at 6:50 PM, Dutch Nichols, SASS #6461 said:

Birdgun, Braxton Bragg achieved one of the greatest  southern victories at Chickamauga , so why no love for him ??

He had LOTS of help from Generals Longstreet and Rosecrans,  left to his own devises he might ñot have done so good

Archived