SASS Wire Forum

Hate your HOA? Try this response

Send them a letter with your intent to install one of these.

Snip-it_1657450876025.jpg.4350cbb0f1cd866a3d82e32f85ceb426.jpg

Actually bats aren't nature's best mosquito repellents*, and you have the issue of getting past their guano. :blink: 

But the letter may serve it's purpose.

*disclaimer

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/news/20160706/bats-mosquitoes-zika#:~:text=Using bats doesn't work,they prefer moths and beetles.

Yeah, one of these would also get me a divorce. My wife is terrified of bats. 
Not because of Dracula or vampire movies, but because once as a little girl a bat got tangled in her hair. 
The only spousal abuse that ever occurred in our home was because I stuck a rubber bat in the freezer. She found it and freaked out. I started laughing and she ran over and started pummeling my chest, crying like crazy. 
It didn’t help that I kept laughing as she attempted to pound me into submission. All 100 pounds of her hitting me like a little girl. It was funny and sad. I felt pretty bad afterwards. Not physically, emotionally. 
I didn’t realize how much they freak her out. I got rid of the rubber bat. 

45 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Not because of Dracula or vampire movies, but because once as a little girl a bat got tangled in her hair. 
The only spousal abuse that ever occurred in our home was because I stuck a rubber bat in the freezer. She found it and freaked out. I started laughing and she ran over and started pummeling my chest, crying like crazy. 
It didn’t help that I kept laughing as she attempted to pound me into submission. All 100 pounds of her hitting me like a little girl. It was funny and sad. I felt pretty bad afterwards. Not physically, emotionally. 

Mine is terrified of green frogs for the same reason, tangled in her hair when she was a kid. Her reaction to a rubber green frog was somewhat less severe however. Real greenies, she'll freak out though and there are plenty of them in Florida. She hid the rubber frog, never saw it again.

2 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Mine is terrified of green frogs for the same reason, tangled in her hair when she was a kid. Her reaction to a rubber green frog was somewhat less severe however. Real greenies, she'll freak out though and there are plenty of them in Florida. She hid the rubber frog, never saw it again.

That conjured up an image of a 7,000+ frog house. 

Schoolmarm HATES frogs, except tree frogs.

I don’t know!! Y’all figure it out!!

10 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Barney fife told Thelma Lou if a bat gets in your hair you go crazy.  Just saying 

10 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I like my solution better.  I do not, never have, and never will live in any home that has a HOA.

Agreed.  I live rurally among the "get off my property" and "I have enough land to bury the bodies" crowd.  We don't bother each other, and we all like it that way.

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

My daughter in law had the same experience as a child.  Our family has a cabin on a US Forest Service summer home lease in the Mendocino National Forest.  When he goes there with her he has to go inside to check for bats & clear them out before she will enter. 

We have quite a few bats living in caves in the rocks on our property.  Because of the rabies connection I didn't care for them at first.  Over 15 years they've never come close to one of us - their sonar works.

neither the bats nor the frogs bother me , wife hates mice and flying mice but tolerates the flying ones as they cme out after she retires , neather of us like snakes much , 

Archived