SASS Wire Forum

Flashlight?

Chili Ron

Howdy,

I read an advert about how great a flashlight can be used as a weapon.

It sounded like a lot of speculation.

Did you ever hear of places you cant take a flashlight?

Interesting idea.

Havent they got Ruger flashlights??

Best

CR

Surefire - I have one of their earliest, and one of the newest and a couple between.  Not cheap, but the best I've owned.  If you were to shine one of my best in someone's eyes, well it will light up a reflective dog collar at 300 yards or better. Bright.  I take one whenever I travel, never had an issue, even out of the country.

About 20 years ago I bought a Streamlight Scorpion flashlight. Even compared to today’s “tactical” LED flashlights it’s bright as heck. 
It’s good for stunning someone for a little while in the dark. 

I took my daughter to a concert a few weeks ago.

They confiscated my fingernail clippers but not my Surefire flashlight.

Streamlight ProTac 2L and ProTac HL USB.  I carry one every day, have carried it on planes and secure places where firearms are prohibited.  The beam is blinding, and the machined aluminum housing is roughly the size of a roll of nickels. 

streamlight protac hl usb.PNG

3 hours ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

Streamlight ProTac 2L and ProTac HL USB.  I carry one every day, have carried it on planes and secure places where firearms are prohibited.  The beam is blinding, and the machined aluminum housing is roughly the size of a roll of nickels. 

streamlight protac hl usb.PNG

Great light. Lost mine last month. Just ordered another.

I own a 8 D cell stream lite from back in the day. It's almost like a baseball bat. I pondered puttin rifle sling swivels on it at one point.

Still have. Don't use it much.

Still keep my 5 D cell from LEO days in my car.  Never smacked anyone with it, poked a good few with the back end of it and used it in submission locks.  Great for that, but the Surefire and other modern ones are far brighter - amazing in fact, kind of like a hand held search light.

I carried a rechargeable MagLight backpacking and llama packing for years, with a flexible solar panel on my pack to keep it charged.  It repelled a good number of bears at night. 

Now it is replaced by brighter, lighter LED lights, but the LEDs don't have as abrupt effect on bears as the old halogen bulbs did.  I've never had occasion to try either on a human.  Hopefully never will.  

9 hours ago, irish ike, SASS #43615 said:

So. Calif. 70's/80's cops carried an 18" Magtech flashlight. Better club than the light it offered.

Yeah. One of those sparked the MacDuffie riots in Miami.

Archived