SASS Wire Forum

Best place to get lead shot

Currituck Kid

I just bought some from Coyote. I was pretty stocked up with everything but shot so I'm glad this was posted. Now I'm good for awhile,  hopefully until the end of this supply shortage. 

JEL

4 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Try Shootin Fox here on the boards. Great pard to deal with.

The quote I got last June was $130/65-lbs shipped.  I picked up eight containers at EOT to share with local shooters.  The shot flows well through my reloader and is plenty good for CAS.  I will restock this Fall at Land Run.

Shooting Fox.PNG

4 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

Try Shootin Fox here on the boards. Great pard to deal with.

Shootin Fox brought me 6 buckets of new shot to EOT. My MEC 9000 doesn’t  like reclaimed shot because it bridges quite frequently and then causes a mess. Using Shootin Foxes shot it has never happened. Great shot, great pard to deal with.

Shootin Fox's shot is new, not reclaimed. He has a shot dripper and makes the shot he sells.

I too gave up on reclaimed shot as it bridges in my MEC and makes a huge mess.

Thank you all for the great reviews. I do make New, 7.5 shot. It is screen for size, tumbled and graphited. I ship #65 for $140 due to postage increase. If you pick up in person, I charge $40 for #25.

i will be at Comin at Cha in September and Landrun in October, and EOT in February. Place your orders early please so I can make what's needed. 

PM is best or foxavn@bellsouth.net. Please include your alias and a contact number.

Fox

Just thought I'd chime in re reclaimed shot...here down -under if you can get new shot the prices are absurdly expensive [ like everything else !! ].

I now use reclaimed for everything, Cowboy, trap, skeet etc.

The only problem I have found is a shot bush always undercharges & you have to up the bush size to get your required amount..say for 7/8 use 1 oz bush.I figure with the different shot sizes  that are  reclaimed it doesn't settle properly in the bush, I now use adjustable charge bars & all is good.

I have developed a cleaning system  that by the end of it the shot is like new & works perfectly. I have attached a pic.

Shot works flawlessly thru all my presses [5 ], from a Junior to a 9000G..

002.JPG

Fox’s jars are easy to handle and if you dip your shot for custom hand loads, they are really convenient!!  I do a lot of brass shells and the big mouth jar lets me handle just the dipper without pouring shot into a bowl or bucket before measuring!!  No muss no fuss!!

Archived