SASS Wire Forum

Google Map to U.S. SASS Affiliated Clubs

This map will now be managed by SASS headquarters and available on the SASS website under the "Find a Club Near You" section and a larger view of the map linked below!

https://www.sassnet.com/sass-clubs/clubsmap

If the club is not currently on the SASS Affiliated Clubs page, it will not be listed here. Please reach out to SASS headquarters for any updates to the map.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 10

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it took me long enough but she should show as updated. Thanks for the FYI

• Thanks 2

Please include the Flat Water Shootists of Grand Island, NE.  They are SASS affiliated.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thank you Dunngannon Gunner for creating an updated Google map of all the current CAS clubs and Eliphalet R. Moderator for posting it here. For the first two years I participated in CAS, I shot at our local club only. But, this year, 2022, it was time to move on to experience different shooting scenarios and to increase practice time. This meant spending hours on Google maps typing in each club in the surrounding four states one at a time to establish which clubs were within 2 hours. The effort paid off, I shot almost every weekend and discussions with the different club members expanded my knowledge of CAS shooting, which resulted in a very good performance at our State Championship. The map you created makes visiting CAS clubs much easier! I also want to say I was warmly welcomed at each club I visited and am thankful for the information members shared about ammo, reloading, gun smiting, timing, etc. I would not have improved much if they had not taken the interest to share  their knowledge with me - this is what makes CAS special!

Edited by Ashley D Austin
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashley D Austin said:

Thank you Eliphalet R. Moderator, for creating an updated Google map of all the current CAS clubs. For the first two years I participated in CAS, I shot at our local club only. But, this year, 2022, it was time to move on to experience different shooting scenarios and to increase practice time. This meant spending hours on Google maps typing in each club in the surrounding four states one at a time to establish which clubs were within 2 hours. The effort paid off, I shot almost every weekend and discussions with the different club members expanded my knowledge of CAS shooting, which resulted in a very good performance at our State Championship. The map you created makes visiting CAS clubs much easier! I also want to say I was warmly welcomed at each club I visited and am thankful for the information members shared about ammo, reloading, gun smiting, timing, etc. I would not have improved much if they had not taken the interest to share  their knowledge with me - this is what makes CAS special!

Dungannon Gunner created the map.

Eliphalet R. Moderator, just made it a sticky.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

No Canadian SASS clubs included?

I know this is a US map of clubs, but adding Canadian clubs could be a nice touch and helpful to those wanting to shoot in Canada.

Edited by Dusty Driver

On 1/18/2023 at 8:00 PM, Dusty Driver said:

No Canadian SASS clubs included?

I know this is a US map of clubs, but adding Canadian clubs could be a nice touch and helpful to those wanting to shoot in Canada.

I will start work on this and let you know my progress

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Dungannon Gunner you have done a great service to folks looking for clubs.  

If you could please update the NAZty Bunch location to Camp Savage.  This link shows the location.

http://flagstaffactionshooters.org/location

Thanks pard, we can always use more shooters at our matches.

Coconino Pistolero

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 2:06 PM, The Coconino Pistolero, SASS # 72432 said:

Dungannon Gunner you have done a great service to folks looking for clubs.  

If you could please update the NAZty Bunch location to Camp Savage.  This link shows the location.

http://flagstaffactionshooters.org/location

Thanks pard, we can always use more shooters at our matches.

Coconino Pistolero

Thank you for the compliment, update has been made. If you would also like a club or general photo added then please send me a Jpeg file

Howdy,

Could you update the Sun River Rangers in Simms, MT?

location - 47°30'18.3"N 112°03'17.9"W 

web site - www.sunriverrangers.net

Mucho gracias!

On 2/22/2023 at 8:51 PM, Hardtack Henry said:

Howdy,

Could you update the Sun River Rangers in Simms, MT?

location - 47°30'18.3"N 112°03'17.9"W 

web site - www.sunriverrangers.net

Mucho gracias!

Change has been made. Thanks for the heads up!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, William Knall said:

what happened to the Hatbill Gang in Mims Florida? I shot with them last flll but when I went there today and was told they were not shooting anymore

No idea, maybe one of our Florida partners can answer that question

• 2 weeks later...

That is great!  Especially to a newby, getting to see how many, and so many on the east coast!

On 2/13/2023 at 9:16 PM, Dungannon Gunner said:

Thank you for the compliment, update has been made. If you would also like a club or general photo added then please send me a Jpeg file

Here is a photo from our match with the theme "El Dorado"   I made up wooden Dressmaker and Notions signs to re-enact Mississippi aka Alan Bourdillion Trehearne shooting said sign.  I loaded up some 12 ga brass cases with black powder and buckshot for the shooters to blast the sign.  Not quite as impressive as the movie!   CP

Sept 22 match Dressmaker signs shot up crop.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cool map, confirms what I thought, no groups real close to me. I don’t have the time to travel. I’ll just keep enjoying my Marlin levers here at home with friends. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/12/2023 at 11:41 AM, Warden Callaway said:

How do you turn it off?

My Google map is filled with blue balloons.  I've went to Profile, Settings and Map History and deleted it several time. It's still there. 

Never mind.  I went to "layers" and turn it off. Nothing I found in instructions.  Just stumbled onto it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Didn't see the Buccaneer Regulators in Leland, NC on the map... but then my eyes aren't that good....

I hate to be a PITA but I don't see Panhandle Cattle Company - range address is 1963 Hard Labor Road - Chipley FL.  The club is in the list on the affiliated clubs page but not shown on the map.  Thanks Gunner!

Holler