SASS Wire Forum

This should make you smile...

Chicken George*

1 hour ago, Waimea said:

Love it!

Where is this?

That was at the Regional in Utah this year. It was her first big match and she was very excited to be there. We had the pleasure of shooting with Chicken George and family. Makes you really glad to be involved in this sport. I have another one of her stages on my phone and have shown several people. What you don't see is when she wasn't shooting she was working picking brass.

kR

1 hour ago, Kid Rich said:

That was at the Regional in Utah this year. It was her first big match and she was very excited to be there. We had the pleasure of shooting with Chicken George and family. Makes you really glad to be involved in this sport. I have another one of her stages on my phone and have shown several people. What you don't see is when she wasn't shooting she was working picking brass.

kR

Nice!

I love it when kids get involved.

My best to yo and Bess!

Waimea

Terrific!  Love to see young shooters being brought up right!  SB

Looking forward to shooting with your family at Land Run.  I have a youth-size Henry .22 can shoot if she wishes.  I will supply the ammo.

i started SASS with a family that had a little one like her - mine was the one that invited me to join them at my first state shoot - then a second after that the same year , ive not missed one of those two shoots since even tho abby isnt shooting anymore - i keep her invitation note in my vest pocket , that girl could shoot the 22 rifle , side match at the first was a "wine shoot" they suspended a bottle of mine from a string , she got three bottles before vher mom called a stop to it - they were all nondrinkes , but i had wine all weekend , 

we need more younguns in this venue and kids like this will be the future , 

I have a couple of questions.

The shotgun. The title of the video says it's a 12 gauge. The size of the gun looked like it was a 12 gauge. The shells looked like 12 gauge shells. But unless she's got Superman's forearms, that gun doesn't have 12 gauge recoil. What was she shooting?

The second question relates to rules for buckaroos. The shotgun targets were knockdowns, and three of them went down. That last one was still standing, yet the spotter was showing clean. Do buckaroo shotgun targets not have to go down?

A raised platform that allows a buckaroo to take a step or 2 to either side & at least one step back will significantly ease their ability to negotiate around tables & props.

On 7/10/2022 at 6:53 AM, Alpo said:

I have a couple of questions.

The shotgun. The title of the video says it's a 12 gauge. The size of the gun looked like it was a 12 gauge. The shells looked like 12 gauge shells. But unless she's got Superman's forearms, that gun doesn't have 12 gauge recoil. What was she shooting?

The second question relates to rules for buckaroos. The shotgun targets were knockdowns, and three of them went down. That last one was still standing, yet the spotter was showing clean. Do buckaroo shotgun targets not have to go down?

She is shooting a 12 gauge. The shells have been loaded very light (but can be loaded even lighter). Having a big, heavy gun also helps with the recoil. Buckaroos and buckarettes still have to hit all their targets. Because they may be shooting .22s and other light loads, knockdowns will not always go down so that is not required. With the shotgun, if one bb hits the target, they are good (benefit of the doubt goes to the shooter). 

How old is she? She did a great job. It's amazing how well she handled those long guns. They looked so big! 

4 hours ago, Chicken George* said:

6 years old

Wow, that's just so cool and sweet. Congrats.

I shot with a tiny nine-year-old little girl at the PA State Match this year and I thought that was young.  She also shot a 12ga shotgun and handled it pretty well.

To both our best.

Archived