SASS Wire Forum

SOLD Winchester Model 97 take down E series 12 gauge

SOLD

Winchester Model 97 take down E series 12 gauge.  30" barrel full choke.  Not messed with.  Feeds and fires reliably.  Smooth as an unmodified 97 can be, just from being used-no work done to it.  Bore has some mild pitting toward the last 8”-10" or so but does not seem to affect the patterning or cleaning.  Wood is solid with no cracks.  Older rubber butt pad installed.  Length of pull to the back of the wood is 13 1/8” and 13 7/8” to back of rubber pad.   Made somewhere around 1928 depending on what web page you look at.

I purchased this some time ago, thinking that I should have one for CAS.  Since I no longer shoot CAS and prefer a double barrel when I do shoot a shotgun, this should go on to someone who can use and appreciate it.   

$600 shipped to your FFL. 

Lest you be concerned that you can’t find my SASS alias or number listed in an alias search, I decided paying dues was an expense that was no longer necessary as I am now retired, and expenses needed to be cut...  There are folks on the Wire that know me and have shot with me in the past.  I am legit, it’s just time to downsize and pass on my toys. 

1897BarrelStamping.jpg

1897BottomForearm.jpg

1897BottomSerial.jpg

1897LeftSideAction.jpg

1897LeftSideButtstock.jpg

1897LeftSideForearm.jpg

1897RightSideAction.jpg

1897RightSideButtstock.jpg

1897RightSideForearm.jpg

A1897RightSideFull.jpg

B1897LeftSideFull.jpg

Bore1.jpg

Bore2.jpg

BoreGreenLight.jpg

• portugeejn changed the title to SPF Winchester Model 97 take down E series 12 gauge

If you are no longer a paying member of SASS, are you allowed to post items for sale on this Forum?

1 hour ago, Frontier Lone Rider said:

If you are no longer a paying member of SASS, are you allowed to post items for sale on this Forum?

Well I guess not. In the future I will not post anything for sale to current SASS members who might be interested in gear from someone who no longer plays the game.  I mistakenly assumed that since I was a SASS member for some years, it would be be ok.  As much as I’d rather not, I suppose it’s eBay & GunBroker from now on. 

Portugee John

You must be a registered member to post in the Classifieds. (no Guests)

Offers on the Classifieds may only be posted by a SASS Member (you may not post for someone else), in good standing, and must include his/her SASS Number. Offers posted by Guests or Members not including their SASS Number will be deleted.

• portugeejn changed the title to SOLD Winchester Model 97 take down E series 12 gauge

Archived