SASS Wire Forum

Uberti '73 Revolver Bolt spring?

Diamond Jake

Decided to do a little practice and my bolt spring had broken.  Fortunately I have a spare revolver to steal a spring from.  Before I order a couple replacements, does anyone recommend an after-market spring that's noticeably better than stock Uberti?

IMG_3026.jpg

I have had two of the flat springs break so I have replaced all of mine with the Wolff Springs wire style.  Been a couple years and no issue to date.

Wire-Type Springs (Stock No. 32294-32296) fits:  Colt, Uberti, an most clones
Wire-Type Springs (Stock No. 32297-32299) fits:  EMF Only

I just replaced one yesterday that had broken in a pistol at last weekends match. I ordered a 3 pack in both the wire type spring from Wolff, and the flat stock type from Midwest Gun Works. The Wolff wire type arrived yesterday so I installed them in both revolvers since my 2nd revolver is the same age. The wire type seem to work just fine. I figured I'd keep a few springs on hand since I have two more sets of Uberti Cattleman pistols that I shoot.

22 hours ago, Colonel Lou said:

I have had two of the flat springs break so I have replaced all of mine with the Wolff Springs wire style.  Been a couple years and no issue to date.

Wire-Type Springs (Stock No. 32294-32296) fits:  Colt, Uberti, an most clones
Wire-Type Springs (Stock No. 32297-32299) fits:  EMF Only

This ^^^^^^

Archived