SASS Wire Forum

I've never had that happen before. MidwayUSA down!

Time for my birthday discount.   Nothing I was in burning need of but I picked out a few things.  Submitted my order a little after 7:00 am.  I got a confirmation email they had received my order. For these many years is wasn't followed up with another email saying my order was ready to pickup.  

Mary and I had a day out planned around picking up the order and having lunch out.  Come time to head out and no second email.  Mary called over and got a message that due to unforeseen circumstances,  they were closed.  I've been trying their website and it's down.  

They had a huge complex of buildings on the west side of Columbia.  A nice looking campus.  Well landscaped and modern.  But they recently built a new facility further out in the prairie. I've only seen it from a distance.  I was looking forward to seeing it up close.  Maybe tomorrow. 

Here in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, the ROGERS network is/was down affecting internet, on-line credit card payments, Cable TV, telephone etc. 

I'm on BELL so it didn't affect me.

Could that be the issue down your way as well?

After 40 years as a regular customer, I'm officially taking a break from Midway.

My last four orders were a mess (three of them within the past 5 weeks). One was missing part of the order, the others were a packing disaster (Want to have some fun? Pick up several hundred loose 22LR rounds...).

I've written them and was told it was "issues with their new facility".  Not my problem...other e-commerce sites to do business with.

"Ad"

I got my birthday discount last month. Made an order, tried too get my discount. No dice. Canceled 

Sadly, I must join the unhappy Midway crowd. 

Shipping cost issue. Tried on-line chat.

Not resolved.

Called customer service.

Nope. 

Sent a registered letter to Mr. Potterfield.

They were sorry for my inconvenience, but said nothing about the dispute.

I've been away from them for over a year.

I was thinking of telling them where they could stuff my "birthday" discount.

Was a customer for almost 20 years.

Done.

I don't really have a complaint with Midway; sometimes, especially when you only need a only a couple of items, the shipping cost is disproportionately large; but you can plan around that.  I placed an order last October; it never showed up; I cancelled it and ordered elsewhere.  Got a phone call from a neighbor a couple of days ago; he had a landscaper cleaning up his plantings, and they found a mailing envelope in the bushes.  Yup; my order from October.  That one is on the USPS.

LL

Well, picked up my stuff.  Huge new facility out in the country north of I70.  It was convoluted getting back to the pickup station.  Round-about not needed. Concrete parking lot not completely done, making getting in and out a bit complicated.  Mary stepped out and talked to the carry-out lady. Good friendly visit.  But learn nothing useful about their outage.  Some part failed.  

Archived