SASS Wire Forum

Umpire

Subdeacon Joe

2 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Scottish people don't dance :)

Great athletic performance in the Highland fling Scottish dancing competition by male and female competitors during the 2018 Kenmore Highland Games by Loch Tay in Perthshire, Scotland

Just now, Alpo said:

Great athletic performance in the Highland fling Scottish dancing competition by male and female competitors during the 2018 Kenmore Highland Games by Loch Tay in Perthshire, Scotland

Thanks for confirming my statement :) As proud as I am of my heritage -- I speak Gàidhlig, wear my family's kilt, eat haggis, listen to bagpipe bands, etc. -- I've always believed our dance leaves quite a bit to be desired.

3 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

Thanks for confirming my statement :) As proud as I am of my heritage -- I speak Gàidhlig, wear my family's kilt, eat haggis, listen to bagpipe bands, etc. -- I've always believed our dance leaves quite a bit to be desired.

It's really quite fun.

https://youtu.be/N7UoHY57df4

16 minutes ago, Cyrus Cassidy #45437 said:

- I've always believed our dance leaves quite a bit to be desired.

Are you saying Scots don't dance?

Or they can't dance?

12 hours ago, Alpo said:

He ‘cheated’! You can clearly see he wore something under his Kilt!

My Grandfather on my Mother’s side was a Scot. I’ve always been told “The proper attire includes NOTHING under you Kilt”.  
I will admit that I also ‘cheated ’ when I marched with “The Irish War Pipes” of Rockland County, NY. They were the closest thing I could find to a Scottish Band where I lived at the time. They were about 50% Scots in membership, but the name had already been set. Being close to NYC and the big Irish bands of the NYPD & NYFD probably had something to do with it.

The face in my avatar is my Grandfather, John Calder, from whom I modeled  my alias. 

CJ

31 minutes ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

He ‘cheated’! You can clearly see he wore something under his Kilt!

My Grandfather on my Mother’s side was a Scot. I’ve always been told “The proper attire includes NOTHING under you Kilt”.  
I will admit that I also ‘cheated ’ when I marched with “The Irish War Pipes” of Rockland County, NY. They were the closest thing I could find to a Scottish Band where I lived at the time. They were about 50% Scots in membership, but the name had already been set. Being close to NYC and the big Irish bands of the NYPD & NYFD probably had something to do with it.

The face in my avatar is my Grandfather, John Calder, from whom I modeled  my alias. 

CJ

I always wear something under my kilt - socks, garter, shoes, and a knife.

I could also argue that my shirt is under the kilt since the kilt wraps over the lower third of the shirt.

I would hate to tell someone that I had "nothing" under my kilt.

"Nothing? You're a Ken doll?"

I've always heard that the correct response to, "What are you wearing under your kilt?" was "Gi' me your hand, lassie".

I would assume that if a laddie were to ask that question you would not hear it. B)

8 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I've always heard that the correct response to, "What are you wearing under your kilt?" was "Gi' me your hand, lassie".

I would assume that if a laddie were to ask that question you would not hear it. B)

One time a guy didn't believe me and he lifted my kilt to check.  I didn't even think about trying to stop him because I knew how embarrassed he would be.   "OHMYGAWD!!  I've never seen THAT looking at me from under a skirt before!" he said as he turned fire engine red.

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

There is a much, much more crass response than that, which I shall not utter here.

Archived