SASS Wire Forum

List of Sweeps

Mountain Man Gramps

I saw somewhere a list of sweeps.  I'm writing some stages and a list like that would be helpful.  Does anyone know of or have a list they could PM to me, or even better a link to a list so others can also use it?

14 hours ago, Mountain Man Gramps said:

I saw somewhere a list of sweeps.  I'm writing some stages and a list like that would be helpful.  Does anyone know of or have a list they could PM to me, or even better a link to a list so others can also use it?

I would suggest that when writing stages you spell out the target order instead of using Sweep names. Many sweeps are local or regional and never heard of in other areas. Some sweeps are shot differently depending on where you are. An example is a Lawrence Welk and a Progressive Sweep. 

Thanks

Randy

The Ontario Single Action Shooting Federation has a Glossary of Sweeps that I have found are often used:  https://www.osasf.ca/glossary-of-sweeps/    SB

When possible, I refer to a 1-10-2-9-3-8-4-7-5-6 as a Driftwood Johnson Sweep after seeing him do a rifle sequence that way once where it was "sweep in any order" instructions.   He did the wide swings like that cuz he shoots black powder and it allowed some of the smoke to clear.   :)

The term has never caught on.

16 hours ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

I would suggest that when writing stages you spell out the target order instead of using Sweep names. Many sweeps are local or regional and never heard of in other areas. Some sweeps are shot differently depending on where you are. An example is a Lawrence Welk and a Progressive Sweep. 

Thanks

Randy

dittos that and besides - we want the shooter informed when they approach the stage or the "P" becomes moot really , there is no fun in confusion , 

This sweep is also called an IRS Sweep.

Archived