SASS Wire Forum

Shooter's World Multi Black / APP

Abilene, SASS # 27489

Recently when Natchez had Federal primers in stock, I ordered a bunch and then looked to see what powders they had that I could add to this hazmat and shipping charge.  I noticed they had Shooter's World Multi Black which is made by APP.  $27.95/lb.   It is still in stock, by the way.  I don't know how that price compares to ordering directly from Shooter's World, but if you are combining with other hazmat stuff, maybe is better?  Anyway, my last can of APP lasted 9 years, but I'm getting low on BP so I thought I should go ahead and add a few pounds to my order.  Well, I just now took a good look at the label and see that they misspelled the word "ignition".  How odd is that?  I wonder if someone got in trouble.

multi black.jpg

This is a good BP sub.  I shot it in shotgun shells at Winter Range with no issues and bought more from two vendors.  I doubt you will get a discount for a misspelled label.

LOL!!  I'll bet someone got scolded for that one!

I buy my APP directly from Scarlett Darlin', SASS 96680, who is a distributor for Shooters World powders.

https://bulletsbyscarlett.com/

It's $25/pound.  You have to order it by the case (12 pounds/$300), but shipping and HazMat fees are included.

By the way, Scarlett told me that Multi Purpose Black and APP are the same powder but that Multi Purpose Black is a bit coarser, maybe like a 2.5 F.

i think ill give it a go one day soon , been wanting to shoot some of my BP revolvers and just not gotten to it recently with all the shortages 

Archived