SASS Wire Forum

Brownells shipping methods

sassnetguy50

I couldn't find the other thread to add this.  Brownells only offers Fedex and USPS shipping.  I searched and found this.  Looks like Speedee Delivery is an upper midwest regional carrier.  How many people place orders large enough to go LTL?

"Brownells, Inc. @BrownellsInc Heads up! "UPS has made the decision to no longer accept Brownells packages. We will continue to ship out packages through FedEx, Speedee, USPS and LTL carriers. Customers will not see UPS as an option when looking at delivery methods." #brownells #guns #ar15 #glock #rifle 7:26 PM · Jul 1, 2022· Twitter Web App 191"

Our club sometimes orders reloading supplies as a group and has them shipped on a pallet.  We get a pretty good discount and it saves on shipping costs overall.

Here in Canada, I always ask for USPS shipping.

Any attempt at fast shipping/delivery is thwarted at the Canadian border, while CBSA holds packages for anything from a week to months, so paying a premium for fast shipping only gets it to the Canadian Customs faster and there it sits till they get around to it.

And if it is coming from a known firearms related firm OH BOY!

19 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

He in Canada, I always ask for USPS shipping.

Any attempt at fast shipping/delivery is thwarted at the Canadian border, while CBSA holds packages for anything from a week to months, so paying a premium for fast shipping only gets it to the Canadian Customs faster and there it sits till they get around to it.

And if it is coming from a known firearms related firm OH BOY!

That happens both ways.  We ordered Skidoo parts and waited over a month for a nut.  All of the other parts were in a USA warehouse.

That really stinks cause I cannot stand FedEx. USPS isn't much better.

JEL

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Our club sometimes orders reloading supplies as a group and has them shipped on a pallet.  We get a pretty good discount and it saves on shipping costs overall.

We did that a few times when we had an enclosed trailer on a road trip on i80.  No freight charge.  

Will have to ask the high school trap team where they order from.  Three local teams get together to order trap loads in bulk.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

When did UPS get into the political BS business?

They can’t help themselves. They apparently have a bunch of handwringing bedwetters in charge now. 

4 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Quite recently. But there are historical events of thefts from rail yards, and lots of finger pointing. And history of letters from certain legislators. And those legislators appear to be the same pushing for serialization of so-called ghost guns.

Which lead to this statement on the UPS site in the prohibited items section:

Any item that meets the definition of a firearm (including firearm mufflers or silencers) or a “frame” or “receiver” under federal law (including any partially complete, disassembled, or nonfunctional frame or receiver as defined by 27 CFR § 478.12) must be identified and bear a serial number in satisfaction of the requirements for identifying such items under federal law, including 27 CFR § 478.92 and/or 27 CFR § 479.102, regardless of whether any such items are otherwise exempt from or not subject to identification requirements under applicable law.  This prohibition applies even before the effective date of 27 CFR § 478.12.

And the companies (like Brownells) losing their UPS accounts are those companies shipping parts and 80% receivers without serial numbers. Apparently because UPS is afraid of congressional investigations.

6 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

The OP is a guest so I’m personally taking the OP with a grain of salt.

Go to Brownells and check their shipping info. UPS isn't listed.

3 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Even though he posted a message from Brownells?

I didn’t realize the the OP was posting on Brownell’s behalf.  My error.

My UPS driver has been with the company for 30 years and is retiring in December. I called her and asked about this and she was just as shocked to learn of it as I was. She advised they just had a driver wide training program, this past week, discussing the policies for the shipping of firearm's as there have been issues of illegal shipments, but said nothing was mentioned about this. She told me she would look into it.

I'm not disagreeing with the OP. In fact when I read it I went to UPS to confirm and even though there is no mention of it Eyesa Horg is correct. There is no option for UPS any longer and I'm an Edge member who ALWAYS picked UPS cause FedEx is terrible and USPS not much better where I'm located. 

JEL

It's getting a bit unnerving that the anti's are winning some of this crap. Shippers not shipping, banks not issuing credit. Lake city not selling commercially. Etc. Down to only a few Corporations making components. Sheesh. 

2 minutes ago, sassnetguy50 said:

@John E. Law A smaller company gave an interview saying their UPS account rep didn't know about it.  Not surprising that corporate didn't tell the drivers.  

Well I was pro UPS, but I vote and do business based on a businesses 2nd Amendment stance. I shipped my last package via UPS this past week. I'll deal with BS before I support a business actively effecting my rights. 

JEL

Archived