SASS Wire Forum

Hell on Wheels 2022

Your Nemesis

Thank you to Assassin and his team (Mostly Belle keeping him straight) for the wonderful match put on over the last weekend in Cheyenne WY.  If you have not attended this match it is a must attend match, make sure and get it on your calendar for the next year usually over the 4th of July weekend.  best stages I can remember shooting in several years.  

thank you for all your efforts.  

Your Nemesis (NEM)

Thanks for those kind words Nem.

Yes, Belle is the one that makes it all happen. I just wrote stages, edited a few. Carried some heavy stuff. And, screwed a few boards together. Many others helped out this year. Heck, we were packed up and headed back to the ranch by early Sunday afternoon. It was great to spend time with all the shooters. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy Reb, SASS #54804 said:

Wish I could have been there, but the price of fuel prevented that.

We only had 88 shooters. Last year 168.

Fuel, components, and crappy economy has people grounded. Glad I live across the road from the range. 

Just now, Assassin said:

Fuel, components, and crappy economy has people grounded. Glad I live across the road from the range. 

Was on my list but things as mentioned intervened.

Hopefully next year!

In the meantime thanks for all the hard work you and your crew put into this match.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

HoW is a great match! This club does a wonderful job of hosting an incredible cowboy match. Cheyenne, Wy ain't exactly a bad place to be either.  ;) I love it out there and hope to return soon.

HoW should be on everyone's match list.

PS, their long range is one of the best (and probably IS the longest.)

6 hours ago, Assassin said:

What crappy economy? record numbers flying, record numbers traveling for vacations, spending more and more on entertainment. . I think deeper issues.

I have to echo Your Nemesis' comments. HOW has always been a fun shoot, but I think Assassin, Belle, and the rest of the team out did the past matches. I really enjoyed the mix of conventional (what we have come to expect) and nonconventional stages. I know that the work to hold a match is hard and exhausting even when there are large numbers of helpers, but what you do with a very small group of helpers is just short of miraculous and the Standing O at the end of the awards ceremony should let you know how the shooters felt about all your efforts.

For those that weren't there... sorry you missed it.

Archived