SASS Wire Forum

2022 SASS WESTERN REGIONAL - just 5 weeks out!

Roger Rapid

Cowboys and Cowgirls…

If you are signed up for the 2022 SASS Western Regional / 27th Annual Chorro Valley Shoot-Out we’re looking forward to shootin' with you!

And, if you’re not signed up, we’re still looking forward to shootin’ with you because there’s still plenty of time for you to register!

There are now well over 200 shooters signed up for the match and this is a stellar Cowboy Action Shooting™event you just don’t want to miss. Here’s just sampling of what we have in store for you:
    • 12 stages (4 stages a day on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday).
    • Side matches galore including Speed Pistol / Rifle / Shotgun, Long Range, Cowboy Trap, Wild Bunch, and a Black Powder Night Shoot
    • Last Chance Saloon, Costume Contest, Poker Tournament, Campfire Jam, and Bingo
    • Warm-Up Mini Matches
    • Top 16 Shoot-off … and much more. ( CLICK HERE to see our full schedule of events.)
And the event is topped off with CVR’s heralded (and VERY delicious) 5-Star Banquet Dinner, with the live music of Monte Mills and his Lucky Horshoe Band.

The dates are August 10-14, 2022, and the place is the Chorro Valley Regulator’s range in San Luis Obispo, just 8 miles from the Pacific Ocean where the weather for shooting a cowboy match just doesn’t get any better!

Registration is just a click away with CVR’s unique on-line Registration system (you can process your campsite reservation there, too). To see who’s coming or to register, just CLICK HERE. Register now and come posse up with a friend.

Want to see what we look like? Check this video: CLICK HERE

Got any questions? Don’t hesitate to PM me or email me at:  roger(at)siminoff.net

Come on out and shoot with us…

Roger Rapid

• Roger Rapid changed the title to 2022 SASS WESTERN REGIONAL - just 5 weeks out!
I wanted to share some of my responses to PMs and emails I’ve received:

Water?
There is water fill-up spot when you arrive. Ask gate attendant.

Local Camping?
There are a few great local camping spots if you want to come out to the Central Coast early or have a place to hang after the match (you’ll have to check with them regarding availability):
• Morro Dunes RV Park - 805.772.2722 (at north end of Morro Bay, approx 15 miles from CVR)
• Morro Bay State Park - beautiful campground, near a marina, www.slocountyparks.com, (about 8 miles northwest of CVR)
• El Chorro Regional Park, www.slocountyparks.com (about 8 miles southeast of CVR)

Market?
There is a large Albertson’s market in Morro Bay (just 10 miles north of us)

Local Dining?
Morro Bay is a coastal fishing village with numerous excellent seafood restaurants.
Just across the street from the Morro Bay State Park, in the marina, is as a great restaurant called Bayside Cafe.

Motels?
While San Luis Obispo and Morro Bay are our two closest towns, SLO is a college town and Morro Bay is a coastal town, and motels in both cities are a bit pricey. I'd suggest checking for motels in Atascadero, about 25 minutes from our range, with easy access to and from the range..

Registration and camping at CVR?
Registration still open, and camping spots still available (dry camping)

On-site food?
Our food vendor is back from last year. Taqueria805 will be serving breakfasts and lunches beginning on Wednesday, Aug 10.

Come on out and shoot with us!!!
Roger Rapid

Couple more things...

• Our latest Who's Coming list (rev: 7/12/20) just posted - you'll find if you CLICK HERE.

• Campers can arrive on site any time after 2:00pm on Sunday, Aug 7. (Food services will not be available until Wednesday, Aug 10th.)

RR

I’m registered but not on The Who’s Coming list.

Hi Yul...

Well, you ARE on the list, but it looks like we made a typo. We got some sod buster named Yal Lose where Yul Lose should be (last page).

I'll get it fixed right away (sorry)..

R

It's hard to beat this venue for a big match: Central CA coastal area scenery and climate, always great stages and match management by a great club, spacious camping sites, lots to do in the adjacent community during down-time,  lots of great match vendors and services, great food and entertainment-- It's great fun in every possible way.  

1 hour ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

It's hard to beat this venue for a big match: Central CA coastal area scenery and climate, always great stages and match management by a great club, spacious camping sites, lots to do in the adjacent community during down-time,  lots of great match vendors and services, great food and entertainment-- It's great fun in every possible way.  

^^^^^^^^Says it all.

Hi DDD...

Sure. We know of a bunch CAS folks who, in addition to cowboy shooting and whatever else they do, also play guitar, banjo, mandolin, fiddle, dobro, etc., and enjoy playing folk, bluegrass, old time, country, cowboy songs, andf whatever turns their fancy. So, on Thursday night at 7:00p we'll gather around our fire pit (outside the Sheriff's office) and have a jam. We'll go around the circle and folks can either select a tune they want to lead on, or just pass to the next musicians. Folks can join in how and if they want, or just enjoy the camaraderie, camp fire, and S'mores.

There's a TON off old standards we can play, we won't need cheat sheets, and I hope some folks will sing some songs they have written. We won't really have any rules, but it would be great if folks call out the key, and talk a bit about the chord progression if they're playing something a bit obscure. Otherwise, we'll just wing it and have a darn good time!!!!

Jams are always a great way to get to know the other side of folks,. and share in the joy of music with each other. I'm hoping we get a good turnout - out of 250 shooters we should have a bunch of musicians. We'll see. I'm hoping it will be a great addition to an already-great experience at our match!!!!

See ya in a few weeks...

RR

Archived