SASS Wire Forum

Dear John letter resonse

Snip-it_1656968125615.jpg.4717ef7a0c3b2a1b8f3c3f0718464534.jpg

A soldier serving overseas far from home was annoyed and upset when his girl wrote to break off their engagement and ask for her photograph back.

He went out and collected from his friends all the unwanted photographs of women that he could find, bundled them all together, and sent them back with a note saying, “I regret that I cannot remember which one you are.

Please keep your photo and return the others.”

Back when my rocker daughter was young and still on the road, she brought the boyfriend du jour out to dinner with us.

I figured to have some fun, so I said to him, "I don't try to remember names, so I'll just give you a number."
He played along and said, "OK.  What is my number?"

I replied, "57"
And my daughter about crapped.

Mom just called mine 'girl' until I was married. 

As in 'will girl be over tonight?'

When I was in the Navy in the first few months quite a few guys lost “The love of their life” via the the mail. I was surprised by the variety of reactions. In Boot Camp one guy jumped out a 3rd floor window and probably lost an arm due to landing on the steel clotheslines in the barracks courtyard. We never heard about him again once the ambulance took him away. 
Some guys took it hard but took it in stride while other did silly stuff like in the joke. 
One guy, after boot camp, while we were in BE/E School got a camera and went around asking random pretty girls to get photographed with him. He went to strip clubs, parks, restaurants, pretty much everywhere he went he would get someone to take his photo with different girls. After about a month he had compiled about 30 or so photos and he mailed them all to his ex-girlfriend along with a letter thanking her from releasing him from “bondage” so he could have the freedom to meet all these wonderful beautiful girls. :lol:
Each photo had a note on the back with things like “Me and Sally at the club” or “Mary and me in the park” and so on. On a couple of them he got girls to write little lovey-dovey things on them. It was pretty darn funny. He did have a few of us concerned that he was going off the deep end but once he sent his Ex the letter and photos we heard no more about it. 

Archived