SASS Wire Forum

Our Holiday Feast - Share Yours

Calamity Kris

Uno and I have been putting in a lot of hours at the office lately.  I decided to reward us by grilling a Tomahawk steak with baked potatoes and salads.  Please share what you had to celebrate the 4th.

4th_DInner.jpg

Well New Mexico raised is coming into play today extra Smokey refried beens , homemade salsa with Hatch green Chile , garlic and cilantro .

Put South Dakota shaved beef with onions on the cold smoker with hatch green Chile and Chimayo red Chile for fajitas . Will update with finish product 

F74676F4-F42B-472D-9994-1B1F4F2B745A.jpeg

I had a sandwich.

Well, two sandwiches.

Well, I had a schnitzel with German potato salad, cold sliced beets, and steamed broccoli.  For dessert, a large scoop of fresh vanilla frozen custard and a thick slice of banana nut bread. A for entertainment, I had wonderful conversations with my friends.

I had a most pleasant day.  Long Live America.

STL Suomi

Spent one more holiday (6th so far over the years) in the ER.  

Christmas Eve last year I broke my back and three ribs.

Today I had an altercation with a black widow spider....first time in 80 years, 3 months, and 34 days.

Supper was scrambled eggs (mostly yolks) fried in butter with tabasco sauce, ground black pepper and  bacon, and a glass of sweet tea.

I think I'll quit holidaying altogether.

It was rainy, hot and humid- you better have a sharp knife with you when you go outside or you won't be able to cut a piece of air off to chew- and we're stuck inside, so we just fried some chicken and ate some store bought potato salad.  No sense in heating the house up any more than necessary.

Hamburgers, Hot Links, Hot Dog, Potato salad, Left over Mexican takeout, Left over Chinese takeout, Left over Pizza, Beer, Moonshine, Tequila, Amaretto, several kinds of home made Mead and Wine.

and

most important of all

Lots and lots of LOVE.

Archived