SASS Wire Forum

anyone ever try Para Ord LDA

Irish Pat

Use to sell them when I had a gun store.  Interesting idea but weird.  Not a single action and not quite a double action.  Para had a lot of QC problems and is long out of business.

Para-Ordnance started out making kits to convert single stack 1911s to double stack. The first kits were polymer frames. The company started in Canada.

They soon began making top quality double stack 1911s in .45 acp and changed over to steel frames.  Next came the Commander version that held one less round.

Para moved to the US and established a repair and warranty facility in East Tennessee. They also brought out the LDA, a double action version of the 1911.

I’ve never owned an LDA, but I have tried several and all worked well.  They are the same size and weight as a regular 14/45 and shoot much the same.

The big conglomerate that bought Remington and gutted it bought Para as well and eventually assimilated the company into the Remington holdings and gutted it with the rest.

The new Remington has begun production of double stack 1911 models, very similar to the Para offering.

I have two Para 45s, one 13/45 Commander and one stainless 14/45. Both perform flawlessly and the 13/45 is my personal every day carry sidearm.

That’s what I know about Para-Ordnance and the LDA.

13 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

They made exceptional Firearms up here in Canada, the QC issue started After they moved South ...

Jabez Cowboy

My two are both made in USA and are of exceptional quality. 

Ah, didn't say they went Bad as Soon as they Went south, just that It happened AFTER they went south ...

Most of their guns I have seen are excellently Made ...

Jabez Cowboy 

The gun shop/range I worked at part time carried Para a long time ago and they’re were lots of problems. I believe they were made in Canada then.

Archived