SASS Wire Forum

Happy 4th!

Backatcha’!!

Happy 4th to you all!

I bought this shirt in Mexico in 1968 (but the tag says it was made in San Francisco! :) ) and have worn it for all but a few 4ths.  I actually have the matching pants, much less faded because they haven't fit me since about 1985. :D

Back to back birthday parties. Youngest grandaughter was 4 on the 3rd and oldest grandson was 8 on the 1st. Sitting by the pool with adult beverage in hand as I write this. 

Three generations tonight! Pizza and fireworks after dark!!

10 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Spending it with family. :FlagAm: :wub:

BFFCE6C4-B554-4FE7-BD8C-8E2611120891.jpeg.680df84f6a60acaef19fd3f39022f2b2.jpeg

Glad you got the horse in the pic.

Or is it a bear?:blink:

6 minutes ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Shanley had to go back to work next 2 days...so, I am ending today with Hobbits!

16569894540799206246960690022435.jpg

CCB1D4AD-38C5-449C-AACA-67D351A9CA58.jpeg

1 hour ago, Singin' Sue 71615 said:

Shanley had to go back to work next 2 days...so, I am ending today with Hobbits!

16569894540799206246960690022435.jpg

GOLLUM!!!  :ph34r: :lol:

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

CCB1D4AD-38C5-449C-AACA-67D351A9CA58.jpeg

Well...I kinda like Strider, er, I mean Aaragon!!!

And Dang it!!! I just realized someone put The Return Of The King...in The Two Towers case! That blows tomorrow nights plan!!:wub:

I've givin up.  Nobody around me understands the point of the holiday.  it's nothing more than an excuse to set off explosives and make noise (none of them shoot guns) and have a day off work.  Hell, I bet most of them can't tell you who we took independence from. 

I'm super grumpy tonight.  The blasted explosions are causing hell in my house.  The dogs and bird are going flippin nuts.  They are causing harm to others.  Not just us, but wildlife, folks with PTSD, etc.  Not to mention that there will likely be wildfires as a result.  I'm not generally in favor of banning stuff, but fireworks cause harm.  That's enough in my Libertarian book.

The wife and I celebrated Independence Day having a neighbor over for a cookout of hotdog and bratwurst.

After our dinner, we went out on the patio and shot my cannon a few times.

The cannon balls are BB's. 

uW7Uxj.jpg

fbkm3Z.jpg

3 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Glad you got the horse in the pic.

Or is it a bear?:blink:

That’s Moose, he’s an 11 month old Cane Corso. 

Still has 6 more months of growing to do. 

nice to see all this , it should be a family affair and shared with neighbors , it is what allows us to be free - hopefully continue to speak our mind freely , life is good , this is the best place to be on the globe in spite of our daily irritations of those that hope to end our freedoms 

Archived