SASS Wire Forum

Grumpy old farts with Guns

I’m pretty grumpy!!  They FINALLY  got my new footwear in yesterday, just two weeks too late to prevent new damage to my problem foot!!  We’re thinking that the new stuff will allow this little place to heal up quickly AND allow me to continue relearning how to walk!!

:angry: :angry: :angry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

And the Blindest Leads the treason March...

That bastard ain’t blind!!  He and the one we’ve got both know exactly what they’re doing!!  Ours may be a senile blithering idiot, but he knows what he’s doing!!

• Like 1

SO!!  Yesterday’s trip to the footwear place was a near total waste of time!! :angry:

They apparently didn’t listen to anything that I have told them or read anything that the doctor prescribed!!  

They had a pair of generic boots/shoes, which I fully expected, but the orthotics were purely generic as well! No provision for the removal of bone and tissue and nothing to stabilize my heel inside the boot!!

I spent the better part of half an hour showing the technician where they had failed and what was actually needed.

They seem to insist that the patient accept some form of “one size fits all” solution to the patient’s unique condition and very different needs!!

This morning’s session with the doctor was very interesting!!  She was extremely unhappy with the situation and told me that she would rewrite the prescription if needed, but that she would make it abundantly clear what she wanted done!!

This puts me WAY behind schedule for fully getting back on my feet and moving!

GRUMP ALL TO HELL!!  :angry:AGAIN!!!  :angry:

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

A well deserved Grump! 

Yesterday Ellie's oxygen wouldn't come up above 89 hooked up to the wall or on a tank. I came in a few hours later and they were doing more labs. I look at the tank and it is empty, the hose from the wall was disconnected under her chair, duh!:(.

You can't make this up! They all acted amazed! Unbelievable. Grump here as well.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

The stupid continues!!

I left a message with the person who answered the phone at the orthotics place, asking that the technician call me back, since he was in a meeting but had asked that I call.  That was yesterday!

I didn’t receive a return call, so this morning, I left a message with the answering machine after the recording advised me that everyone was busy with other patients!

About 3:30 this afternoon, I got a return call from one of the people who answers the phone, telling me that she had received my message. She also informed me that she had told the technician that I had called, but that he’d already left for the day and that he was going to be on vacation until the first of the week after next!!

Needless to say, I am even more GRUMPY now than I was before!!

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

A well deserved Grump, you just can't win with this BS. Grumps out for ya BW

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Just in case you missed it.

USA Just in case it got missed 1a69f75514e41335.png

Criminals supporting criminals!

More criminals giving the supporting criminals a pass!!

What’s new?? :angry:

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Criminals supporting criminals!

More criminals giving the supporting criminals a pass!!

What’s new?? :angry:

Nothing really, on either side of the Medicine Line.

BUT, it should never be forgotten!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/13/2024 at 7:19 PM, Blackwater 53393 said:

The stupid continues!!

I left a message with the person who answered the phone at the orthotics place, asking that the technician call me back, since he was in a meeting but had asked that I call.  That was yesterday!

I didn’t receive a return call, so this morning, I left a message with the answering machine after the recording advised me that everyone was busy with other patients!

About 3:30 this afternoon, I got a return call from one of the people who answers the phone, telling me that she had received my message. She also informed me that she had told the technician that I had called, but that he’d already left for the day and that he was going to be on vacation until the first of the week after next!!

Needless to say, I am even more GRUMPY now than I was before!!

Start calling department chiefs and hospital administrators.  Raise hell.

It's crude and rude but it works with the VA and might work for anyone else, anywhere else, for any other reason.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In one of my former Lives, we marked any cows that had trouble caving, if a hand got the in time to help with the delivery, great we had a live cow-calf pair. But we notched the ears of both, and both were culled, when you are caving between 145,000 - 160,000,  you need a easy caving herd, especially in rough country... The Ranch had been following this policy for about 70 years at this time, and had few inferior animals to cull... 

And Yes this practice would be a great move if used on Politicians, starting with the whole Liebral and NDP party MPS...

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sad really.

At one time the CBC was a great network, bringing unbiased news, shows and programming all over Canada.

The CBC Northern Service kept us in touch with the rest of Canada and gave us a sense of belonging.

Now..........

So sad.

A 1 A 1A    Watching CBC senile   .jpg

9 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Wow how stupid can they Get???

Jabez Cowboy

Getting to the point nothing surprises me anymore! At least most of the time. :angry:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Wow how stupid can they Get???

Jabez Cowboy

JABEZ!!  You’ve been told this before!

NEVER ASK THAT QUESTION!!

These idiots take it as a challenge!!

On a separate note:
I had a visit with my foot doctor yesterday and she decided to ditch the company that was SUPPOSED to make my new footwear!!

She has written a new, more specific prescription and turned it over to the group that I used before all the infection problems and amputation came along.

I’m torn between extra glad to be doing business with a company that I trust and really pissed at, basically, having to start all over again!!

G-FREAKIN-RUMP!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just Fart some more, you twits...its your turn Justin....

I wish the whole Liberal and NDP bunch would Disappear...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 2

On 6/20/2024 at 4:03 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Meanwhile in Canada, the insanity continues to spread at an ever increasing rate.

Screenshot-20240412-183540-Instagram.jpg

I have a surgical solution to this problem.  Takes maybe five seconds.....but I'm pretty certain throat cutting isn't legal outside of Muslim countries.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the ongoing saga of sorry service from the footwear provider, we’ve written another new chapter!

My doctor has dismissed the first company.  It’s likely that she won’t be recommending them again!

So! Last week, she wrote a new prescription to the local HANGER orthotics facility.  I’m told that the message faxed over last Monday is 22 pages long!  I’ll be seeing them next Tuesday morning.  I have dealt with this group before and they are top shelf.

HOWSOMEVER!! It’s gonna be at least a month before I can get the needed equipment!

Seems like it’s one step forward and three steps to the side!!

GA-RUMP!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

45 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

In the ongoing saga of sorry service from the footwear provider, we’ve written another new chapter!

My doctor has dismissed the first company.  It’s likely that she won’t be recommending them again!

So! Last week, she wrote a new prescription to the local HANGER orthotics facility.  I’m told that the message faxed over last Monday is 22 pages long!  I’ll be seeing them next Tuesday morning.  I have dealt with this group before and they are top shelf.

HOWSOMEVER!! It’s gonna be at least a month before I can get the needed equipment!

Seems like it’s one step forward and three steps to the side!!

GA-RUMP!!!

Thanks for the update BW. Sure is amazing how an emergency on your part, seems to mean nothing to others. Hang in there Pard, hopefully it will be worth the wait after all the hell you've been through.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1