SASS Wire Forum

Grumpy old farts with Guns

Yep! It has rained heavily every day this week except Tuesday!  Tuesday was absolutely outstanding.

Now we’re getting winds in the 60-70mph range and more heavy rain!!

• Sad 2

Oh quit yer dag nabbed whining?

At least ya don't have to shovel the )(&%$ stuff!

My bedroom window yesterday. Today, I can't see out of it.

Wish I could see the lawn to tell people to get off it!!

IMG_2420.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Wind knocked out power for more than twelve hours here.  Other places are still without power and some will possibly be out for several days.

I was getting some great sleep until the power was restored at about 2:30 this morning.

It’s another pretty day, today, and we’re celebrating my mom’s 89th birthday later this afternoon.

BUT!!!  I tried to get my grandson’s  phone moved onto my plan this morning and I was informed that I would have to buy another phone to get it done!  I have an extra phone number, but the kid’s new phone isn’t compatible!

JUST GRUMP ALL TO BLAZES!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah!!  I think we got more than six inches this last week!!

We may get a break ‘til Wednesday.

• Like 1

Been dealing with the new treatment plan for the bad foot since Wednesday morning!!  It’s almost impossible to walk in this cast, which is probably what the doctor had in mind.

Anyhow, I’ll get this one off Thursday and probably get a new one after they examine and treat whatever is left of the wound.

I’m wearing bib overalls and carpenters’ jeans so that I can change clothes without having to cut the pants leg halfway to my knee to get ‘em off!!

I learned my lesson the last time I went through this particular treatment.  Cost me a couple hundred bucks to replace the britches that we had to slice up in order to change clothes.

E5D14424-13FA-4DB4-96F3-4A6395FD03BA.jpeg

581933A2-DFE4-4A06-9F94-09DC7E6026C9.jpeg

• Sad 2

Tell ya’ one thing!!  I can wear somebody’s shins out with this thing!!  :lol:

Don’t feel sorry for me!! I spend the day gettin’ stuff brought to me and sittin’ on my derrière!!

I can tell you that after a while you will begin to lose weight because you become too embarrassed to ask someone else to bring you stuff!!  :rolleyes:

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Complain, complain, complain.

Whine, bi*ch and moan.

A wonder yer long suffering wife don't call the vet and have ya put down.

She must be a Saint!

Better?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Apparently the Cannon Fund was invested in the Silicon Valley Bank.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

I’m sitting in the car in the parking lot of the local hospital.  

Schoolmarm is in for an MRI this morning to find out what needs to be done to relieve the pain in her hip, leg, and lower back. X-rays indicate spinal stenosis and the doc wants to be sure of what treatment he will perform.

It’s overcast, the temperature is right at freezing, and there are tiny snowflakes falling on the windshield. It’s unlikely to get much above forty degrees.

I’m bored stiff and I didn’t sleep very well last night. I think I’m going to drive down to Brad a Tat Tat’s store and fill up the tank and then come back and take a nap until Schoolmarm gets through.

Y’all mind the store!!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Ah was counting that Money fer my retirement Party...  

Or fer Planting Me...

Jabez Cowboy

No fear there.

There's an Order in Council in place directing that not happen.

Seems there's a fear here in Ottawa that if you and I are planted, we might grow back!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

My attorney infotms me that Satan has taken out an order of protection against me!

There are many who pray that reincarnation isn’t real because they don’t want me coming back!

I reckon I’ll just have to hang around with you fellers and be a burden to my grandsons!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Be careful if you see them sharpening wooden stakes and casting silver bullets.

• Haha 1

Had a rough day today. Me and SWMBO went to to take her mom grocery shopping. Stopped on our way to get some top soil. Got it, tokk it to truck to load. DAMN tailgate wouldn't open. Called her mom, she came and we loaded in her truck. Drove acrooss town to grocery, checked tailgate, and it opened, so we transfered to our truck. It's a 2017 Silverado with electronic tailgate lock.  Gonna have to pull tailgate apart and check it.

• Sad 1

I don’t mean any offense with this, but all that extra crap with pickup tailgates these days is about as ridiculous as it gets!!  

The tailgate is out in the weather.  Each and every extra piece of whatever that is added to a simple tailgate is just something else to screw up!!

The simpler you make it, the longer it will last and work right!

Edited by Blackwater 53393
  • Like 3

On 3/19/2023 at 3:52 AM, Blackwater 53393 said:

My attorney infotms me that Satan has taken out an order of protection against me!

There are many who pray that reincarnation isn’t real because they don’t want me coming back!

I reckon I’ll just have to hang around with you fellers and be a burden to my grandsons!!

Reincarnation IS REAL!

Think of all the people you know who were part of a horse in some former life.  :P  You and me, f'rinstance

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I don’t mean any offense with this, but all that extra crap with pickup tailgates these days is about as ridiculous as it gets!!  

The tailgate is out in the weather.  Each and every extra piece of whatever that is added to a simple tailgate is just something else to screw up!!

The simpler you make it, the longer it will last and work right!

Can't disagree per se, but my GMC with the step built into the tailgate is most convenient. There's even a geezer handle on the inside of the bed if ya need it, haven't used that. Being able to carry a load and just walk up into the bed is damn nice. Also, being able to close the gate with one hand and minimal effort is handy too with bad shoulders.

Added: However the TV advertising is all wrong, we've had the truck almost 2 years now and haven't had even one idiot lugging a tailgate down our driveway, let alone hundreds of them!:lol:

Edited by Eyesa Horg
Added text
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I bumped my noggin yesterday. Today the water heater quit!

I may just stay in bed tomorrow!!

• Haha 2

Notice how all this BS seems to happen at once. Must be to keep us grumpy. Keep up the good work.:D

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Notice how all this BS seems to happen at once. Must be to keep us grumpy. Keep up the good work.:D

YEAH!!  Mama said there’d be days like this.

WHAT SHE FAILED TO MENTION WAS THAT THERE’D BE SO MANY OF ‘EM AND THAT THEY’D ALL COME IN A ROW!!!

GRRRRUMP!!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

YEAH!!  Mama said there’d be days like this.

WHAT SHE FAILED TO MENTION WAS THAT THERE’D BE SO MANY OF ‘EM AND THAT THEY’D ALL COME IN A ROW!!!

GRRRRUMP!!

Ain't that the truth!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Back from Page 3 Before CLK saw it...

Jabez Cowboy

Thanks!

Glad you was on yer toes.

11 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I bumped my noggin yesterday. Today the water heater quit!

I may just stay in bed tomorrow!!

And as fer you and yer lazy water heater, when did you need a hot water heater?

Yer always in hot water of yer own makin' anyway!

Stay the *&%$#$ in bed and outa the way till ya heal more. Yer puttin' an unnecessary strain of the hospitals and the health system.

GEEZ!

• Haha 1

My former boss said I spoke 3 languages, English, Sarcasm and Grouchy!

Grump on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, DeaconKC said:

My former boss said I spoke 3 languages, English, Sarcasm and Grouchy!

Grump on!

When I had my last boss, he learned that I could spew expletives in several languages including Incomprehensible!

• Haha 3

It has been slowly melting here, (which is good for our flooding situation); days slightly above freezing and below freezing at night.

But NOW, the weather prognosticator is telling me we are going to get another blizzard: 5 to 8 Cm of snow and 50 to 60 Kph winds.

I was hoping I wasn't going to need the snow blower again this winter.

Now get off my snowy, soggy lawn!

• Like 1

Most of My snow is melted, except where I had it piled over 9 feet high to clear the drive... There the pile is down to about 6 feet high...

It's about plus 2 ( in Canadian ) out now with the sun trying to escape out of the Clouds ...

Now I need to replace the Positive Clamp on my tractor, so that hopefully it will charge better...

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 2

Just don't connect BLACK to Positive and RED to Negative like the moron did near my old place.

At least, I think that's what the young fool did.

All we heard was the BANG! when we were inside the house.

New battery too.

• Like 1

High winds here today, 50 MPH.. It's trying to blow over a 50' pine tree. We can see the dirt moving at the base. It did blow over 7 fence posts on or wooden pasture fence. the posts had all rotted. Been there since 1996. Can't do any work on it till it dries out some. We are completely soaked.

• Sad 3