SASS Wire Forum

Grumpy old farts with Guns

Embrace your grumpiness.

It could be the easiest to use and maintain, and the least expensive hobby anywhere on the planet.

Embrace your grumpiness.

It could be the easiest to use and maintain, and the least expensive hobby anywhere on the planet.

Embrace your grumpiness.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apple Pie with Ice Cream and a Cup of Joe....

It's so windy here that the Geese can't Fly west....

Jabez Cowboy

• Sad 1

Just made a huge pot of vegetable/beef soup!  Onions, potatoes, carrots, bell pepper, celery, mushrooms, and about five pounds of beef.  Cooked up some tomato sauce, a big box of beef broth, and some choice spices.  Fried all the veggies in a dab of olive oil and a stick of butter.  Browned the beef chunks in the liquid left from doing the vegetables along with some Worstershire, a liberal amount of garlic, and some black pepper and sage.

It’s simmering on the stove as I post this.

Grandson will be here for the weekend.

Less than usual to be grumpy about!

• Like 1

Yep! any of my 4 grandsons appearing here makes it hard ta be Grumpy....

Soup sounds Good...  Making a big pot of Chillie for Sunday Pot Luck...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

Funny, I'm cooking right now as well.

First a beef stew, (almost done) then I'll make a pot of spaghetti Sauce and freeze it all, ready for whenever it's needed.

Made Brownies last night and I'll do Big Red's favourite tomorrow: Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Icing.

YEP!!  Soup turned out fabulous!!  Me ‘n’ Schoolmarm put two gallons into freezer bags this morning and popped ‘em in the freezer. I had me a great big bowl for lunch just now and we’ll put a couple gallons in mason jars for quick meals/snacks over the next couple of weeks. 

It’s going to be part of supper tonight as well!!  Some of the best comfort food I’ve ever known.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

I have noticed that Cowboys Like to Eat...

Jabez Cowboy

Given the alternative…

• Haha 1

Perhaps more than they should, to keep their Slim and trim Riding Weight...

I weigh the same as I did 30 years ago, but I seem to have traded firm hard muscle for an equal weight of Fat...

Jabez Cowboy 

• Sad 1

On 10/28/2022 at 1:03 AM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Yep! any of my 4 grandsons appearing here makes it hard ta be Grumpy....

Soup sounds Good...  Making a big pot of Chillie for Sunday Pot Luck...

Jabez Cowboy

Yep!!

I’m visiting my son and family in the UP of Michigan. It’s cold it’s windy and there’s not much sun. The Grandkids opted to stay with me in a small cabin I’m renting for the visit (Not enough room in their house for a stray guest). I’m having the time of my recent life. 
Good times.

CJ

• Like 3

Wake Up Ya bunch of ner-do-wells, and Grab a Coffee ...

And Make the World a better Place ...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Paid my regular doctor a visit this morning for my quarterly testing and lab work. 

Went and early voted and then to the grocery store.

Dropped in at a nice little meat ‘n’ three for an early lunch and got home before noon!!

If it wasn’t such a gloomy, overcast day, I wouldn’t have much to GRUMP about!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

But did You Ride?

Or is your Bike, feeling lonely and rejected?

Jabez Cowboy

Yeah!!  My bikes are feeling lonely and neglected!  With the last five years of foot problems, I MAY have fifty miles on my old bike and I rode Schoolmarm’s Sportster down to the end of the cul de sac and back. That’s less than a quarter mile!

My old bike needs painted really bad and the chrome is in serious need of polishing, not to mention the battery has a dropped plate and needs replacing.  It is the ONE vehicle that I am industrial strength vain about. I WON’T ride it ugly, so when I get a few other projects a bit further along, I’ll pull all of the tin and send it out to be painted and I’ll buy a battery and some chrome polish!!

SEE THERE??  Now you got me back in full GRUMP mode again!!!

• Like 1

I'm Glad to be of Service, Blackwater helping folks stay Grumpy is my Aim...

I get in at least a couple of rides every month of the year, Up here in Canada...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Now Grumps this will never Do!

Page 6 ...

Winter hit this year with a vengeance, so far this year we have had 3 blizzards ... And it's now 0 degrees Yankie...

Well pull up a stump, grab a cup of Joe and tell some tales...

Don't forget to honor our Vets...

God bless all who have and are serving...  And send a special prayer up for those that love them ...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 2

Talking about a smattering of snow tonight in the Nashville area! No accumulation expected.

Earliest I remember snow in this area was on November 1st when I was still in high school.

• Sad 1

Had to go out and buy a new stove yesterday and re-wire the stove receptacle and some minor repairs were needed to complete the installation.

Last night I couldn’t sleep, and got frustrated just laying in bed, so I got up and did some laundry, stocked the fridge with soft drinks for the weekend, did a bunch of straightening up, and set about repairing a hole in the bathroom wall that was made when the front axle on my knee scooter broke on a trip to the john during my most recent foot problems.  It propelled me into the wall next to the toilet where my shoulder made a big hole in the drywall that, until the last few days, I’ve been unable to properly repair.  ‘Bout all it needs now is a little paint.

I could damn sure use an extended nap!!  GRUMP!!!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Had to go out and buy a new stove yesterday and re-wire the stove receptacle and some minor repairs were needed to complete the installation.

Last night I couldn’t sleep, and got frustrated just laying in bed, so I got up and did some laundry, stocked the fridge with soft drinks for the weekend, did a bunch of straightening up, and set about repairing a hole in the bathroom wall that was made when the front axle on my knee scooter broke on a trip to the john during my most recent foot problems.  It propelled me into the wall next to the toilet where my shoulder made a big hole in the drywall that, until the last few days, I’ve been unable to properly repair.  ‘Bout all it needs now is a little paint.

I could damn sure use an extended nap!!  GRUMP!!!

Yikes, you deserve that nap!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Always remember Junior's daddy spent a couple of years in Russia in the late '40's, early '50's. He is just following house rules, which should make you grumpy!

99111147-10158532852387272-4222264958651

Edited by Dapper Dynamite Dick
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

We LOVE him SO much.

Doesn't he have nice hair?

(Now where's that puke imoge?)

Screenshot-20220129-233851-Instagram.jpg

• Sad 1

Possession seems to be 9 tenths of the rule up here...

Our highways are clear of snow again, Chinook Country...

We have had over 3 feet of white stuff this year already...

Jabez Cowboy

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Who's coming out my Way in 2023 to shoot the SASS Canadian Nationals?

Jabez Cowboy

Wish I could, but it’s doubtful.  

GRUMP!!

See there??  Ya’ found something ta’ make me grumpy AGAIN!

Blackwater;

I sure wish you could as well, the shoot is 6.5 miles from my door...

And I have parking for several units if folks want to come early or stay late...

Area heritage sites are Head Smashed in Buffalo Jump, Writing on Stone, the Remington Carriage Museum  ...

And the Tyerell Dinosaur Musem... 3 of the 4 are World Heritage sites...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

Well, HERBIE has been put away in heated winter storage, lawn mower is in one shed with stabilized in the fuel.

The snow blower is out, up and running, motor home parked and winterized.

Snow tires are on one van and the other will be done later today.

Summer tires on their rims are in the other shed.

18Kw NG generator is on the cement pad in the back yard, waiting for the Transfer Switch so the gas line and the cables to be connected, so things are progressing at our little ranch.

Re-caulking of all the door and window frames done.

Now if we could just force an election and get rid of or Prime Dictator, I might resign my GRUMP position. ??????

NAW!

I can always find something new to GRUMP about.

• Like 1

Our Thanksgiving was October 10 this year, so today, Big Red and Iput up some Christmas lights.

Just hung them on the veranda railings. No way are we getting up on ladders.

Ground is frozen, but the strong sun has made the snow disappear around our place. 

Don't be jealous. We'll be paying for that later.

Hydro CEO sent out an E-Mail discussing the likelihood of more power outages around here this winter.

Glad the installation of our generator is coming along. Contractor tells me the Automatic Transfer switch is in and he anticipates completing the install first week or so of December.

On the GRUMPY side, my face is sore in a couple of spots where the Dermatologist froze some bollywoggons off and sawed off a sample chunk around my eye/temple area she suspected needed analyzing.

Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. 

Now get off the dang lawn!

Winter has come on Hard and Fast here this year, harder than any of the past 30 years ...

So much for global Warming ...

It's colder here than a witches Heart.... And White.

Coffee and Chocolate chip Muffins fer da Grumps...

Jabez Cowboy 

• Like 1

I’m becoming more grumpy lately.  I’m trying to be optimistic and I’ve made significant progress lately with my health issues, but it seems like every time I get things going my way, something or other piles on to slow me down!!

I’m doing much better now with the foot problems and I’m excited and ecstatic with that!!

BUT!!!  We’re also working on my diabetic medications to improve my A1c and daily glucose numbers.  We went back to the really expensive oral medication and upped the dosage of the daily supplemental med.  I’ve been on both now for almost a week and all of the gains I’d made with my balance and mobility have disappeared.

I knew that the Jardiance had the potential to make me dizzy, but the last time I used it, (for almost three years) the episodes were seldom and brief. I’m thinking that I might have to go back to the lower dose on the Actos, (the new daily supplemental) to get my balance back. I restarted the Jardiance two weeks ago, but the higher dose of Actos was added last Thursday and the vertigo began soon afterward.

Gonna’ take some experimenting and maybe an adjustment or two, but it’s damned sure frustrating to make all that progress and then slide back so far!!

GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP!!!!!

• Sad 2

Blackwater :

I sure hear you ...

Seems that I keep progressing, only to slide back sometimes before ...

I have sists in to liver, and left Kidney and tear  in my right Kidney...

COPD makes it hard to breath ... 

But I'm back Riding my Bikes, just not this month so far...

I need to start loading ammo for Next CAS season....

When I'm riding my bike, my wife says I look 20 years younger!

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I’m becoming more grumpy lately.  I’m trying to be optimistic and I’ve made significant progress lately with my health issues, but it seems like every time I get things going my way, something or other piles on to slow me down!!

I’m doing much better now with the foot problems and I’m excited and ecstatic with that!!

BUT!!!  We’re also working on my diabetic medications to improve my A1c and daily glucose numbers.  We went back to the really expensive oral medication and upped the dosage of the daily supplemental med.  I’ve been on both now for almost a week and all of the gains I’d made with my balance and mobility have disappeared.

I knew that the Jardiance had the potential to make me dizzy, but the last time I used it, (for almost three years) the episodes were seldom and brief. I’m thinking that I might have to go back to the lower dose on the Actos, (the new daily supplemental) to get my balance back. I restarted the Jardiance two weeks ago, but the higher dose of Actos was added last Thursday and the vertigo began soon afterward.

Gonna’ take some experimenting and maybe an adjustment or two, but it’s damned sure frustrating to make all that progress and then slide back so far!!

GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP GRUMP!!!!!

Hoping you start feeling better Blackwater.