SASS Wire Forum

Grumpy old farts with Guns

GRUMP!

I live beside the South Nations Wetlands Preserve.

After three lawns getting so overrun with weeds and requiring re-sodding, I gave up, sprayed it with Roundup and then planted Clover!

I now have a green ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lawn(?) that's the envy of the neighbours.

That clover chokes out every weed that tries to take root.

(And the rabbits love it!)

NOW STAY OFF IT WHILE IT RE-SEEDS!

• Like 1

GRUMP!!  I get back from Black Gold and having a great time and I find myself reduced to doing laundry!!

At least Hatfield mowed the lawn!!

• Like 3

GRUMP!

Was e-mailing at 12:15 and then went to make lunch.

Came back around 1:00 to find ALL my stored e-mails are gone!

Inbox; All Mail and stuff filed in Folders!

What the Devil??????

Was out mowing field with zero turn mower and it just died. Took a little to figure out it was blowing fuse to ignition switch. Thought switch was bad, so ordered a new one. Not the problem. Going to call dealer and see if they have an answer. And got 1.3" of rain since. Yard looks like crap.

My alias is legit.

• Sad 1

On 7/17/2022 at 7:40 AM, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

GRUMP!

I live beside the South Nations Wetlands Preserve.

After three lawns getting so overrun with weeds and requiring re-sodding, I gave up, sprayed it with Roundup and then planted Clover!

I now have a green ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,lawn(?) that's the envy of the neighbours.

That clover chokes out every weed that tries to take root.

(And the rabbits love it!)

NOW STAY OFF IT WHILE IT RE-SEEDS!

Tell me more about clover.  Does it take a lot of water and what do you do to care for it?

I bought a 50 pound bag of white clover and spread it by hand.

I haven't watered it at all this year, but we have had some good rain.

I just keep an eye on the soil in the raised Hosta Beds around the front verandah and if bed soil looks dry, turn on the sprinkler for 30 to 40 minutes.

Up here, after doing a tree harvest, the logging roads get a seeding of clover to help hold and stabilize the road. The clover drives it's roots deep and dense.

You may have to water more often in Arizona.

And the Clover Makes great Bear Food,,,

Deer also Love it ...

Making those logging roads great hunting areas...

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1

GRUMP!!

I spent two weeks juggling my fun money so’s I could buy a pair of tires for my new hotrod project.  Now, when I go to order ‘em, they’re temporarily out of production and nobody’s got ‘em in stock!! 

Gotta wait another month and a half before I can even order ‘em!!

• Sad 3

On 7/22/2022 at 3:02 AM, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

And the Clover Makes great Bear Food,,,

Deer also Love it ...

Making those logging roads great hunting areas...

Jabez Cowboy

Before my knees got so bad, Dr. Dr. Bob and I used to hunt a feed lot and grain field next to a bush area the deer LOVED.

Grain fed deer are right tasty.

Now if we could just find a someone to do the dragging out to the truck............

HEY! YOU!

YA YOU!

GET OFF THE LAWN ! CLOVER!

Had a fairly uneventful day, yesterday.  Not much to grump about. 

HELL!! Hatfield even mowed some of the lawn!!

GRUMP!!  Bet that won’t last long!!

• Haha 1

Saw this on another thread! Something about my “status”! My “status” just reached an annoyed level of grump because of this!!

Please copy and paste this to your status if you're constantly being asked to copy and paste things to your status by people who copy and paste things to their statuses. Many people won't copy and paste this, but my truly sarcastic friends will copy and paste it because they're sarcastic by nature. If you don't copy and paste it, then this means you hate bacon. And if you hate bacon, the government wins, and a unicorn dies. Possibly puppies as well. Also baby ducks."

Damned busybodies!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Well now, let's see:

Weather

Covid

Monkey Pox

Powder shortage

Ammo shortage

Car prices and shortages

The 170 rule

Target size and distance

New CAS categories

Too many CAS categories

• Haha 2

GRUMP!!!

Damned foot swelled up yesterday because I sat around with it on the floor instead of keeping it propped up.  If I’m moving around with proper footwear, it doesn’t give any trouble.  If I’m up and down and not just sitting all day, I can do whatever I want.

If I take the day off and watch the races, I have to prop that foot up as long as I’m sitting.  

I’m starting to exercise some and that’ll eventually solve the swelling problems, but today I have to lay around with it propped up for it to get back to normal size and I HATE laying around when there’s stuff I need to do!!

NO SAD FACES DAMMIT!!  Those things make me even grumpier!! :angry: :angry: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

So your lovely wife will be waiting on you “hand and FOOT”!!!  ;)

DON’T EVEN GO THERE!!  :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

sF1Rrvu.jpg

Edited by Major E A Sterner #12916
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

GRUMP!!!

Damned foot swelled up yesterday because I sat around with it on the floor instead of keeping it propped up.  If I’m moving around with proper footwear, it doesn’t give any trouble.  If I’m up and down and not just sitting all day, I can do whatever I want.

If I take the day off and watch the races, I have to prop that foot up as long as I’m sitting.  

I’m starting to exercise some and that’ll eventually solve the swelling problems, but today I have to lay around with it propped up for it to get back to normal size and I HATE laying around when there’s stuff I need to do!!

NO SAD FACES DAMMIT!!  Those things make me even grumpier!! :angry: :angry: :lol:

OK. We'll just laugh at ya instead!!!!!!1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

What's this place coming to ??? smiley Faces...

Where oh Where have all the real Grumpy Gone ???

Just for that No Coffee Today !

And I have 5,000 Small Pistol Primers Just sitting around Gathering Dust,,,,,, There that should make Ya all Grumpy

Jabez Cowboy

• Sad 1

JUST A BIT.

Too hot at the match yesterday.

Had to stop partway through a stage!

Heat got me discombobulated. Rifle front sight decided to start doing a dance and the muzzle and targets grayed out.

Opened the action before I grounded the rifle on the table.

Ice pack on the neck and a cold wet towel on the old bald head, while sitting in the shade for a bit and I bounced back.

Pard's daughter was shooting with us, (she's a Nurse in her spare time) and she looked after me till I was OK

GRUMP!

Never had that happen before!

Gonna have to watch that in future. 

• Sad 2

Got a new semi-automatic shotgun last weekend.  It needed to be disassembled before it was fired, (manufacturer’s instructions) to be sure that everything was cleaned and properly lubed.  

So, Saturday, I took it down to my gunsmith buddy’s‘cause he has a nice range and ‘cause the maintenance instructions were obviously not up to date with changes made in manufacturing.

The gun was perfectly clean and only required lubrication because we took it apart.

I loaded up a magazine of the recommended ammunition and proceeded to let it rip. About the third shot, it put me on my backside!  I’m not even close to  being in shape right now to be shooting unfamiliar ordnance!!  My strength, balance, coordination, stamina are really diminished and I need to do a bunch of getting in shape!!

I can’t shoot my new gun!!

GRUMP!!

B) But you just wait a month or so!!! :lol:

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Got a new semi-automatic shotgun last weekend.  It needed to be disassembled before it was fired, (manufacturer’s instructions) to be sure that everything was cleaned and properly lubed.  

So, Saturday, I took it down to my gunsmith buddy’s‘cause he has a nice range and ‘cause the maintenance instructions were obviously not up to date with changes made in manufacturing.

The gun was perfectly clean and only required lubrication because we took it apart.

I loaded up a magazine of the recommended ammunition and proceeded to let it rip. About the third shot, it put me on my backside!  I’m not even close to  being in shape right now to be shooting unfamiliar ordnance!!  My strength, balance, coordination, stamina are really diminished and I need to do a bunch of getting in shape!!

GRUMP!!

Just shoot twice, then skip the third.:lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Muggle said:

Gas is so expensive and Joe is Potus... I am always Grumpy.

Trade ya for mine.

download (1).jpg

• Like 1

Brandon is OLD and Should Die soon, Ours Should Just DIE soon...

If that was to come to pass, I would have a real hard time being Grumpy fer a Long Spell !!!

Jabez Cowboy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

GRUMP!!

Wishing you a quick recovery. Sucks when it affects your shooting.

• Like 1

IMG_9249.CR2   Grump removal machines....

Jabez Cowboy

Edited by Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129
  • Confused 1

Took this picture at the meat counter.

Now I'm REALLY GRUMPY.

Get off my lawn!

Screenshot-20211221-011124-Instagram.jpg