SASS Wire Forum

Grumpy old farts with Guns

What happened to all of ya?

And where did the Cannon Fund , Funds get of to???

We have even more reason Now ta be Grumpy than we did in years past ...

Jabez Cowboy 

I was just wondering about that myself!

Here's a contribution to the GRUMP files, both US and Canada!.

285438519_10225551890456267_2468253693143227656_n.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I was recently inducted.  

Guess I will say, “PRESENT!”

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Jabez Cowboy,SASS # 50129 said:

Bad form Ya Forgot da !!!

Jabez Cowboy

Sorry, Hoss.  I invented that phrase as a motto back when a lot of the members were still wearing three cornered pants with safety pin buttons.

Look it up.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Well I now fit the category. Just found out my Grand daughter and her live in boy friend have covid. They just spent the weekend of the 4th around 13 other people including me knowing that the boyfriend wasn't feeling well.  But rather than stay in their hotel room and self isolate, they thought attending my wife's memorial was more important. What pisses me off is not that he has covid but that the dim wits knew he was sick and came anyway. :angry: :angry: :angry: 

• Sad 3

It's too hot! Grump, grump, grump...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I still haven’t been released by the foot doctor! GRUMP!!!

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I still haven’t been released by the foot doctor! GRUMP!!!

You must have to toe the line, then! Couldn't resist.  I'm awful tired of being poked, prodded and cut on by Docs - I sympathize!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The pendulum swings. I just returned from the eye doc and had to fill out a questionaire, it gave me choices on answering some of the questions instead of being mandatory. I did not have to answer the question on race, whether I identify as an "it" or whatever and a couple of other things. About time.

kR

• Like 2

Not quite so grumpy today.  Got a clean bill of health from the doctor for my broken back.  Downside is she told me I need to start a new exercise program to get my muscles back in tone.  That sort of takes the edge off the part that isn't grumpy.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I have apparently misplaced a container with a bunch of small parts for my 1860 Colt replica revolvers.  Now I hafta’ fabricate a hand spring to replace one I broke‘cause I can’t find my spares!!

GRUMP!!! :angry:

• Sad 3

Should be a law against them.

Here's a reminder for ya Jabez.

Now get off the lawn!

79502273_2836831626361215_760181822385553408_o.jpg

• Sad 1

Less grumpy this morning!!  Found enough parts to repair the 1860 Colt replica yesterday and it’s working great!  

I hate packing for a trip, but heading to Black Gold in the morning will make up for it!!

I’ll leave Hatfield to keep ‘em off the lawn.  He’s usually about as grumpy as a wolverine with a sandpapered butt!! He ain’t old enough to qualify here, but he makes up for his youth with bad attitude!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Apply a little turpentine to his butt, and i'm sure he will be up to the Job...

Coffee fer da Grumps and Hay fer da Steads, 

Jabez Cowboy

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Had ta’ take the day off at Black Gold today to let the foot have a rest.  Sittin’ in a motel room watchin’ a tiny little TV with limited programming!

Double GRUMP!!!

• Sad 2

24 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Living where you do I'm surprised you even know what snow is.  :P

Oh Forty, I know what snow is...I've lived in W. Germany, S. Korea, California, Oklahoma, Texas, North Dakota, New York, Kansas, North Carolina, and Alabama.   One of the reasons I moved here is that it rarely snows.  I hate snow.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Hey Birdgun Quail ain't you about Growed enough to start shooting Silver Senior Frontier Cartridge Duelist ?

With full case loads in .40 caliber or bigger...

Have a Grumpy Day ...

Jabez Cowboy

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Oh Forty, I know what snow is...I've lived in W. Germany, S. Korea, California, Oklahoma, Texas, North Dakota, New York, Kansas, North Carolina, and Alabama.   One of the reasons I moved here is that it rarely snows.  I hate snow.

Yeah, after Utah, Idaho, Washington, Illinois, Virginia (worst snow storm in 43 years), both Carolinas, Maryland, California and Japan, snow is one of the reasons I live in Arizona (Cold, with or without snow, is way up the list, too.)  We get some snow here.  In the eight years I've been here it's snowed a few times, all together never enough to match some single December nights in Cache Valley, Utah.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I have 4 acres of grass to cut twice a week.  I don't mind it, as I sit on the lawn mower, I listen to those old western radio shows on my Iphone through my hearing aides. With the hearing mufflers on the outside of the ears, the lawn mower sound is hardly there and the radio shows come through loud and clear.  Right now I'm listening to 92 episodes of Joel McCrea as Ranger Jace Pearson of The Texas Rangers.

• Like 4