SASS Wire Forum

It happens :(

Hoss

747DF8C4-5CC4-45CB-84D3-517496A162B9.jpeg

The Powder Creek Cowboys have my autograph.

2nd or 3rd round on Stage 1 of a 12 stage match. Trying to clear a cap jam and shot a hole in the table. 

Did posse chores for the rest of the day and all day the next. I paid for 2 days of fun, decided to get my monies worth. 

Two kinds of shooters in SASS!  Them that’s been DQd and them that’s gonna’ be!!

Them that stays with their posse have the true spirit of the game!!

Just now, MizPete said:

Looks like prop failure to me.

YEAH!!  I’ve had props that failed to get out of my way too!!!  :lol:

Join the club.  If you do this long enough and often enough, it's going to happen.  As long as no one was hurt, count it as a learning experience.

I've done it and I've watched some top shooters do it.  Hang in there.

4 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Two kinds of shooters in SASS!  Them that’s been DQd and them that’s gonna’ be!!

Them that stays with their posse have the true spirit of the game!!

That's funny...(as long as everyone is safe...)  SB

Well dang Hoss, I guess I was on the wrong posse so I missed it.  My one mdq was about 5 years ago at the Texican Rangers.  First match of the year.  Never got a shot off.  Missed my holster at the loading table of stage 1.  :o  Barrel hit my sore toe to add injury to insult.  Hopefully now that I'm in the club I won't have to pay dues.

I traveled from Northeast GA all the way to Manchester KY to shoot the Black Gold match a few years back and on the very first stage the first gun was a pistol. I pulled it out of my holster and caught it on the table on the way up and dropped it. MDQ before firing a shot. Pulled my camper 250 miles and got to be a timer, brass wrangler, spotter and a time keeper the whole match. Fortunately I had a great and compassionate Posse Marshal, Boozy Creek, who showed up at my camper door right at dark on the first night with a mason jar of clear liquid!

Kajun

Mine happened at the Alabama State Championship this year. Round went downrange at the Loading Table, so no hole and thank God no one was hurt. I found out two weeks later, that a change to my medication had my blood pressure running with the bottom number actually in the 40s and 50s! My Doctor said I shouldn't have been handling anything more complicated than an ice cream scoop. Thank God for His care, because I sure shouldn't have been driving hundreds of miles and shooting in that state.

i suspect we have all had an AD somewhere in our lives , if all that is hurt is a wall/ceiling or piece of furniture we are fortunate and hopefully nits the only one we ever have , mine was 1976 a shotgun blast to the ceiling , no real damage -none hurt , but the repair was a pain , 

12 hours ago, watab kid said:

i suspect we have all had an AD somewhere in our lives , if all that is hurt is a wall/ceiling or piece of furniture we are fortunate and hopefully nits the only one we ever have , mine was 1976 a shotgun blast to the ceiling , no real damage -none hurt , but the repair was a pain , 

38 two inches from my right foot several years ago. Phew, that would have left a mark ‼️

Hey Hoss, let me add my story. went all the way from Vidalia, La to Phoenix for EOT. I felt terrible could not get my breath, I am used to sea level air! on second day about stage 6, my loaded Ruger got knocked of the loading table! I stayed with the posse helped out and had a good time. When I got home I went to my cardiologist. I thought i had fluid in my lungs from having a bad case of COVID last year. Doc told me i had aortic stentosis, 70% blockage in my valve gong to my lungs! Miracle I was alive. I now have a bovine(cow) valve and can’t wait to redeem myself. Hang in there my friend. Irish ☘️ Pat sass 19486

14 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

38 two inches from my right foot several years ago. Phew, that would have left a mark ‼️

oddly enough ive seen a lot of them among trap shooters , some because or release triggers and others just plain careless but more than i ever would have guessed 

19 minutes ago, Kit Carson, SASS 60183 said:

I wondered why you needed my Sharpie at Plum Creek last weekend.   Now I know.  Nice "artwork", Hoss!

:D

Figured I might as well “own” it!

Hoss, I was in the wrong Posse!!! Never even heard about it.

I don't know. I'd say you were CLEAN! (Unless, of course, you weren't aiming at the table.) Just sayin'

RR

Archived