SASS Wire Forum

Update please

Whatever happened to Matt Black and his dad ? They seem to have disappeared from the game.

Matt Back aka Dylan is at Universal Studio's filming a new Western the life of Black Bart in which he has   The leading role.  Sylvester Stallone is the Director. 

Hells Comin 

10 hours ago, john brown said:

Whatever happened to Matt Black and his dad ? They seem to have disappeared from the game.

They hang out on Facebook.  His dad goes by the alias Colt Faro.  You can follow their videos and stuff there.

11 hours ago, McCandless said:

They hang out on Facebook.  His dad goes by the alias Colt Faro.  You can follow their videos and stuff there.

I was wondering how he is doing I heard he had a  heath event and since then no matches that I know of.

5 hours ago, Wicker Nash said:

Matt has sent his application in for the Illinois State Shoot, July 15 - 17th. 

That is good news I wish them the best.

On 7/2/2022 at 12:16 PM, Hells Comin said:

Matt Back aka Dylan is at Universal Studio's filming a new Western the life of Black Bart in which he has   The leading role.  Sylvester Stallone is the Director. 

Hells Comin 

A movie like this should help our game. Can't wait to see it.

On 7/2/2022 at 9:16 AM, Hells Comin said:

Hells Comin 

This has the feel of sarcasm. Is this true or a joke?

11 hours ago, john brown said:

I was wondering how he is doing I heard he had a  heath event and since then no matches that I know of.

He says he didn't have any "health event" and he's doin' fine.

2 hours ago, Hells Comin said:

Yes

You weren’t supposed to say anything about the movie! Dang it. 

As for this John Brown guy I have no idea who he is and it doesn’t look as if he is a sass member.  This thread makes me feel as though my privacy is invaded. That being said here’s what’s going on now. 

Matt is currently filming on location near Calgary. I’m not sure about the match in Illinois if he will make it. He said he met some little filly on set.  Details on the film I can’t really give until later. It is however a script that Matt wrote and gave to Sly. He liked it so there’s that. 

As for me I am currently touring near Ajax mountain in Montana. I brought a new gun rig I built for Hank Williams Jr. This is the second one  for him. I’m not sure where I will be after this as I haven’t decided yet. We are talking about being in Phoenix around January and stay through the winter.  

As for my health I’m doing great! 

As for us not being in the game much, well I don’t know what to say other than we have lots of great things going on in our lives right now and it’s very exciting. We love shooting competitions however it’s great to do other things as well. We’ve been shooting cowboy action for over 18 years and we love it.  We have no plans to leave the sport and taking a break for bit isn’t a bad thing. 

One last comment. 
The passing of our good friend Colorado Jackson has been absolutely devastating to us. We continue to do our best to deal with this loss. This has been very difficult for both of us. I had no idea how big the hole would leave in our lives. He was very proud of Matt Black and a very true friend that always had our backs even when others didn’t like us for whatever reason. The truth is much better than the rumors by the way. 

Hope this satisfies those that wonder. 

Colt 

1 hour ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

You weren’t supposed to say anything about the movie! Dang it. 

As for this John Brown guy I have no idea who he is and it doesn’t look as if he is a sass member.  This thread makes me feel as though my privacy is invaded. That being said here’s what’s going on now. 

Matt is currently filming on location near Calgary. I’m not sure about the match in Illinois if he will make it. He said he met some little filly on set.  Details on the film I can’t really give until later. It is however a script that Matt wrote and gave to Sly. He liked it so there’s that. 

As for me I am currently touring near Ajax mountain in Montana. I brought a new gun rig I built for Hank Williams Jr. This is the second one  for him. I’m not sure where I will be after this as I haven’t decided yet. We are talking about being in Phoenix around January and stay through the winter.  

As for my health I’m doing great! 

As for us not being in the game much, well I don’t know what to say other than we have lots of great things going on in our lives right now and it’s very exciting. We love shooting competitions however it’s great to do other things as well. We’ve been shooting cowboy action for over 18 years and we love it.  We have no plans to leave the sport and taking a break for bit isn’t a bad thing. 

One last comment. 
The passing of our good friend Colorado Jackson has been absolutely devastating to us. We continue to do our best with this loss the best we can. This is the sickest we’ve ever been. I had no idea what hole it would leave in our lives. He was very proud of Matt Black and a very true friend that always had our backs even when others didn’t like us for whatever reason. The truth is much better than the rumors by the way. 

Hope this satisfies those that wonder. 

Colt 

My heartfelt condolences to you both. Healing is hard. :(

Here is something Matt Black wrote recently that is some great info and thought process for our game. He has a great writing style as you will see here. Obviously his mind is on the game still. 

I’ve always learned more from losing than I have from winning.

When we fail to reach our goals, we are more likely to take an introspective dive into a constructive self-examination period where we can ultimately identify our deficiency.

In a world-class competition, the winner is often determined in the weeks/months leading up to the match, barring nothing catastrophic.
To illustrate, should a competitive shooter commit a single error at any stage throughout the match, detrimental to their overall finish or otherwise, odds favor the chances that the error itself was a by-product of mistakes made in preparation or lack thereof.

Give me six
hours to chop
down a tree and
I will spend the first
four sharpening
the axe. - Abraham Lincoln
16th president of the United States

The most well-rounded shooters have worked diligently to analyze and resolve the inferior aspects of their game down to the root cause instead of compensating for them in other areas. Moreover, there is almost always an underlying, more profound complication that should be investigated without simultaneously justifying said aspects by acknowledging perceived sanctuaries.

Accomplished shooters will continue to strategize and apply lessons they've learned with the intent to strengthen and diversify their existing skill sets. There is a time and place for testing new theories, building upon proven techniques, and pushing your limitations apart from routine practice sessions.
It is critical, however, to isolate and refine your weakness in repetition until it becomes your strength. Develop a new process and raise your proficiency. Strive for progress, not perfection. In doing this, you will succeed in discovering something that works for you.

Nonetheless, working hard on the wrong things in excess has triggered the downfall of many talented competitors. If the potential outcome of any experiment is unacceptable, i.e., projected to result in a counterproductive effect by a likelihood of 51% or greater, it would be in one’s best interest to reconsider. In this case, you would subsequently alter your approach and explore another possible course of action to refine your marksmanship.

In summary, I don’t recommend fixing something that isn’t broken; however, all shooters have room for improvement, and being proactive will reward anyone dedicated to excellence.

Having written multiple screenplays when I was much younger I find this so cool. None of them made me a cent but it was thrilling to have them in circulation among the production companies. Every day started with the hope of a phone call that one was being optioned. My wife had much the same experience with her music. But we quickly learned that people in both industries overstate their connections or their ability to get your music or scripts in the right hands.

I wish all the best of luck for you.

14 hours ago, Colt Faro, SASS #54579 said:

Here is something Matt Black wrote recently that is some great info and thought process for our game. He has a great writing style as you will see here. Obviously his mind is on the game still. 

I’ve always learned more from losing than I have from winning.

When we fail to reach our goals, we are more likely to take an introspective dive into a constructive self-examination period where we can ultimately identify our deficiency.

In a world-class competition, the winner is often determined in the weeks/months leading up to the match, barring nothing catastrophic.
To illustrate, should a competitive shooter commit a single error at any stage throughout the match, detrimental to their overall finish or otherwise, odds favor the chances that the error itself was a by-product of mistakes made in preparation or lack thereof.

Give me six
hours to chop
down a tree and
I will spend the first
four sharpening
the axe. - Abraham Lincoln
16th president of the United States

The most well-rounded shooters have worked diligently to analyze and resolve the inferior aspects of their game down to the root cause instead of compensating for them in other areas. Moreover, there is almost always an underlying, more profound complication that should be investigated without simultaneously justifying said aspects by acknowledging perceived sanctuaries.

Accomplished shooters will continue to strategize and apply lessons they've learned with the intent to strengthen and diversify their existing skill sets. There is a time and place for testing new theories, building upon proven techniques, and pushing your limitations apart from routine practice sessions.
It is critical, however, to isolate and refine your weakness in repetition until it becomes your strength. Develop a new process and raise your proficiency. Strive for progress, not perfection. In doing this, you will succeed in discovering something that works for you.

Nonetheless, working hard on the wrong things in excess has triggered the downfall of many talented competitors. If the potential outcome of any experiment is unacceptable, i.e., projected to result in a counterproductive effect by a likelihood of 51% or greater, it would be in one’s best interest to reconsider. In this case, you would subsequently alter your approach and explore another possible course of action to refine your marksmanship.

In summary, I don’t recommend fixing something that isn’t broken; however, all shooters have room for improvement, and being proactive will reward anyone dedicated to excellence.

Brian Enos has these same thoughts and ideas  Matt must have read his book. Great reading for all those who compete.

Best Wishes

8 hours ago, john brown said:

Brian Enos has these same thoughts and ideas  Matt must have read his book. Great reading for all those who compete.

Best Wishes

He has not read his book 

thank you 

Archived