SASS Wire Forum

SPF: EAA Bounty Hunter II/ Baikal 12ga Coach Gun

I have a EAA Bounty Hunter II 12ga Coach Gun made by Baikal out of Russia. I got it out of an estate and don’t know the history on it. It appears to have been tuned, opens easy with light triggers and hammers. I have only put a box of Remington Clay and Fields through it, functioned 100%, but might need adjusted for hard primers. The previous owner put some kind of elevated bead on the rib (see pictures) but it is just held in with a screw and the original bead is underneath. Has screw in choke tubes and the barrels are bright and shiny. This would be a great entry level CAS shotgun.

Asking $550 shipped obo

916288C3-2EBE-4D84-B3E3-80471EA53A42.jpeg

03D229BE-CA6B-4133-B15C-846FA5FF2370.jpeg

B0D7A26D-A76B-4DC1-891F-6759BA0DB1EC.jpeg

4F484368-46DB-43B9-AF4B-524B21F3CF2D.jpeg

Howdy Jack.  A big question on the action work that was done is whether or not the cocking levers were modified so that the gun stays all the way open.  When you open the gun and then take your hand off of the forend/barrels, do the barrels stay open far enough to load shells into the chambers or do they close partially so that the receiver is in the way?  Thanks.

18 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Howdy Jack.  A big question on the action work that was done is whether or not the cocking levers were modified so that the gun stays all the way open.  When you open the gun and then take your hand off of the forend/barrels, do the barrels stay open far enough to load shells into the chambers or do they close partially so that the receiver is in the way?  Thanks.

Hi Abilene,

It would appear that the cocking levers were modified for the gun to stay open. The lever appears to have been lightened as it is easy to open the gun with one hand and have it stay open at the angle shown in the picture below.

Thanks!

Shifty

5D1695F1-137E-4DB1-9ECE-A5D7DE73F223.jpeg

Archived