SASS Wire Forum

OMV Sheriffs model value

Mezcal Charlie

I have a Ruger Vaquero, the original sheriffs model 3” or so barrel SS in 45 with the faux ivory grips with the big Ruger logo. 

You don’t see them often, I see the birds head grip version but not this, and I’m wondering what the value is. 

I got it because I shoot duelist and my left shoulder is getting worse. I thought maybe the shorter barrel but not really different than my 4-5/8” Vaqueros. 

I’m sure I overpaid but their rare enough that I was willing but curious what the CAS folk think. 

I have a pair I bought around 2010.  They had action jobs and I paid $1,500 for both guns. According to Google there were 500 stainless steel Sheriff's Models made in 1999-2000. I would say in today's market they might bring $2,000-$2,500. They are some of my favorite pistols. I like how light they are. If you have a bad shoulder I think it would be great.

I’m torn (mentally as well as my shoulder) about getting another given the cost (and you are dead on for GB) even if I could find one. They’re more for one than a pair of OMV. But you’re right about the weight. They I thought “hey, get an 1877 lightning” but it wouldn’t be legal because it’s double action. And I’m way to big around to do the Doc Holliday thing. So I may do a sheriffs model in my left and my 5.5” in my right. But I need to try it and see if I’m thrown off balance by it. 

11 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

$900-1200 just sold one for $1135 shipped. I had no bidders at $1150

Do you have an OMV 45 SS and if so quanto? (How much?)

20 minutes ago, Doc Neeley said:

I have a pair in 357. Dont see many in that caliber. Had them engraved and will pass them to my son someday.

Sounds really nice. I’m downsizing because we sold our home and I can’t take my safe. Meaning my son will get some of his inheritance early;). All I really need is my Skeet 20, my cowboy guns and home defense. Hunting is about over for this old boy. 

Archived