SASS Wire Forum

Colt saa trigger

slk

I was just noticing on my Cimarron saa 45 colt that the trigger is offset to the left side slightly. Was that the way the colts were made also. Funny I had never paid attention to that until the other day.

3 minutes ago, slk said:

I was just noticing on my Cimarron saa 45 colt that the trigger is offset to the left side slightly. Was that the way the colts were made also. Funny I had never paid attention to that until the other day.

Yes.  Started that way with percussion guns and then the cartridge single actions.  Makes it a tad easier to get the pad of the trigger finger on it (or harder, if you are left handed)

The trigger on the original Colt SAA's and on all replicas is offset to the right side to allow for the bolt (the lever that locks the cylinder in place) to sit next to it inside the action.

R

Cool... I just never paid any attention to the orientation of the trigger. I also never paid attention to how narrow the trigger is either.

4 minutes ago, Roger Rapid said:

The trigger on the original Colt SAA's and on all replicas is offset to the right side to allow for the bolt (the lever that locks the cylinder in place) to sit next to it inside the action.

R

You mean the left side right????

14 minutes ago, slk said:

You mean the left side right????

Depends on how you're oriented.  Viewed from the bottom, towards the right.  Viewed from the top, towards the left.

21 minutes ago, McCandless said:

Depends on how you're oriented.  Viewed from the bottom, towards the right.  Viewed from the top, towards the left.

:(

There is only one correct orientation of a firearm for proper directions.  

Hold firearm in firing position.  (No, not SoCal firing position) All directions are given as you look down the barrel from breech to muzzle. 

ANY other directional system is just wrong.   And badly confuses everyone.

From gunsmithing 101.  :lol:

GJ

53 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

I politely listened to an old goober tell me why he had Rugers. Because the trigger was centered.

A Canadian shooter posted photos of his Pietta 1873 revolvers with Navy grip frames but wider hammers and triggers.  The box label called this a “Ruger type” trigger.

I started with Rugers so the Colt style narrow, offset trigger seemed strange to me.

Archived