SASS Wire Forum

Seeking gun cart

I've been a member of SASS for just over a year, been getting geared up to start shooting soon, in need of a gun cart or plans for a basic cart. I'm in central Missouri area and would be willing to drive a couple hours is someone has one at a reasonable price. Just getting guns and leather strapped my fun budget pretty good lol.  If anyone has something available i'd sure be interested in hearing from ya. 

Thanks for lookin

Stoney Rocks  

SASS 111310

Start with this

https://www.harborfreight.com/welding-cart-65939.html

Add a yoga mat you can cut up and these clamps to hold you long guns: https://a.co/d/7l9Xc7R

A Plano 1212 ammo box fitS perfectly in the tray.  I use 1312 boxes to rest the stock of the long guns on.  All in it can be built for less than $150

20210623_201905.jpg

Hit some yard sales or consignment shops. Find a used jogging stroller, they work well, are light to load and unload and cheap to get started with.

gc5-1.jpg

33 minutes ago, Tarheel Doc said:

Sorry it is three board guys. 

E15D387D-1D76-4688-9B81-FCCFAD65F5A9.png

Thanks Tarheel will do pard. Appreciate the heads up. 

Stoney Rocks,

Wolff's Rowdy Rangers are having a FREE drawing for a Three Board Guys gun cart.  Only requirement is to be registered to shoot their 12th Annual Shootout at Shakey's Gulch match September 23, 24 and 25 of this year.  Shoot a fantastic match and you might win yourself an excellent cart too.  The winner will be announced before the scores are announced so I'll have room in my cart for your guns for the match.

IMG_1068.JPG

The 3 Board Guys carts look really nice. Are those water bottle holders deep enough to keep the bottles from falling out when rolling it? Can’t tell by the pics. 

2 minutes ago, Montana Pete said:

The 3 Board Guys carts look really nice. Are those water bottle holders deep enough to keep the bottles from falling out when rolling it? Can’t tell by the pics. 

I'm not sure what pictures you are viewing.  In the picture above those aren't bottle holders, they are for your pistols.

Yes, I’m referring to the bottle holders on the bottom. Thanks for the replies, sent an email to 3 Board Guys. Love that you can customize it too. 

8 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

I'm not sure what pictures you are viewing.  In the picture above those aren't bottle holders, they are for your pistols.

I was referring to the bottom. Thanks. 

I've got one I'd give you for the cost of shipping.  I built it years ago but have stepped back from shooting so it's buried in the basement somewhere.

It's not fancy, but it was functional, held 4 long guns with a bottom box for ammo and accessories.

I'm away from home right now, but will be back on Thursday and can post some pictures if you would be interested.

1 minute ago, Jonathan Slim Chance said:

I've got one I'd give you for the cost of shipping.  I built it years ago but have stepped back from shooting so it's buried in the basement somewhere.

It's not fancy, but it was functional, held 4 long guns with a bottom box for ammo and accessories.

I'm away from home right now, but will be back on Thursday and can post some pictures if you would be interested.

That would be great, appreciate the offer. Thank you. 

We had one of our shooters pass away last year, and his cart is for sale.  It may be more than what you're looking for, or too far away, but it is pretty well tricked out.

It's the third ad on the page. 

https://www.wolverinerangers.org/Classified.html

FYI:

Pretty new to this game myself, needed a quick gun cart that fits easily in the vehicle and too busy to shop much or build...

I called Rugged Gear and they sold me a like new folding four-gun cart at approximately half list price and I had it in two days.  It was a cart damaged in shipping, returned by shipper and repaired to like new.  Never used, about half price.  They had others in similar situation.  If interested in one at discount pricing, might give them a call.  I can't tell what was replaced or repaired on mine.  

My first gun cart was a wooden ammo box bungeed to a medium sized hand truck, with the long guns in zippered cases muzzle down in the box and secured to the top of the hand truck with leather thongs. Total cost- zero. I had all components in my house/garage. Try it! I used it for about a year before upgrading. One of the Pards called it “a triumph of back to basics simplicity”.

Thanks for all the responses, getting plenty of ideas and offers. I'm sure i'll be ready pretty soon, nothing wrong with simple but if someone has one gathering dust i'd be interested also.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 8:49 AM, Montana Pete said:

That would be great, appreciate the offer. Thank you. 

Here's what I've got.  It served me well for years.  The bottom box easily holds 100 round MTM boxes and shotshell boxes.  I typically strapped a lineman nut and bolt bag to the side of the cart to toss my empty brass in after each stage.

image.jpeg.c6d5afd6e2214bb16e03f80a26e55eb0.jpegimage.jpeg.2bad0e79a591ea555baaf44044486e55.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg.ecec07837b289a025d8a8940031943a4.jpeg

Your SASS number is older than mine.... might think about simply locating a SASS club in your area, find out when they have their monthly or so shoots, then crash the party without a gun cart and introduce yourself.  Go do some shooting without a cart.  Most clubs have gun racks near the shooting stages.  I started without a cart, they are very convenient but not really necessary unless attending a large or multi-day match.  The common interest and socialization are a large piece of this sport.  Your time spent shooting a five-stage match is about five minutes of your time.  Learning the loading and unloading table, gun handling safety between stages, scoring, timing, common lingo for some of the stage sequences etc are basic things of great value.  Bet you will get lucky, and an old-timer at a SASS club near you will offer to mentor you...  I've been active with the shooting sports for years, but never cowboy action before.... just don't repeat my mistake when I showed up at the first club match in tennis shoes and a ball cap.  Probably should have read the rules first.  They still let me shoot though lol.   What sold me on this sport was the safety briefing and safety procedures employed during the event and watching the flag raised and pledge of allegiance that is held before every match, and the people.   If you are comfortable with your indoors gun handling / dry firing skills, maybe it's time to go ring some steel?  

Archived