SASS Wire Forum

Blessing in disguise

Not much of a writer, so I’ll try to not be boring.

i live in farm country and love it. The people are hard working and dedicated to community. You need something they are there and vice verse. I live in one of the oldest houses in the area 1890s built. Recently I inserted a pellet stove into the fireplace. A $720 electric promoted the move. I did an early buy on 3 tons of pellets. I’ve picked up 2 ton on my 30 year old trailer with original tires. My neighbor let me back it into one of his barns until I could build a place to store it. 

I hava a 10 by 10 dog kennel. I ordered tarps to cover it for the pellet storage. Ready to move pellets

Norm ( my neighbor farmer) owns a little over 900 acres and 4 houses. One house he has a family that lives there in trade for work. Seven family members, mom brother wife and kids. He (Barney). The husband, big man, 260 maybe 6’2”, is a joy to be around.  Can’t read, write or drive. His wife is about 5’ even and maybe 85 pounds. He works for a septic company plus the farm.  She drives him to all his jobs. Never seen a harder worker. 

So so I was ready for the pellets to be unloaded. I offered him a $100 to unload my trailer. In my shape I figured it would take me 2 days to move 100  40 pound bags. He did the job in less the 45 minutes. Unbelievable. Best $100 I’ve ever spent l

Anyway, last Saturday, the wife laid out some chicken from the freezer and forgot to strap it closed. We have had problems and use a Velcro system to ensure the door is sealed. Well, we lost about $300 in frozen meat (last years prices) 

So, my wonderful wife waited til I took my afternoon nap, loaded up all the half thawed meat and delivered it to Barney’s family.  Told them they had about 2 days to cook it all up.  Venison, Cornish hens, chicken, roasts, hamburger, and more.

Barney keeps coming by with his wife driving asking if I need anything. Which I dont

I guess the next day he had the biggest Fathers Day celebration of his life with extended family included. 

My gift was having a wife that thinks that way. She was his and my blessing.

Just for those that have read my posts. This was before she tested positive for covid.  She is already feeling better. Barney and his family are still negative as we have been checking thru text. I however am now in a longer quarantine due to now having covid myself. 

Aside from feeling really bad. For me, it’s worse that I can’t continue doing my daily projects. I have a lot of trouble sitting still no matter how slow I move. 

God bless everyone and a happy belated Father’s Day to everyone

13 minutes ago, Tennessee Trapper Tom said:

Just for those that have read my posts. This was before she tested positive for covid.  She is already feeling better. Barney and his family are still negative as we have been checking thru text. I however am now in a longer quarantine due to now having covid myself. 

Aside from feeling really bad. For me, it’s worse that I can’t continue doing my daily projects. I have a lot of trouble sitting still no matter how slow I move. 

God bless everyone and a happy belated Father’s Day to everyone

Prayers up for a quick recovery from the plague.

Get better quickly!!

A little prayer on the side for the both of ya’s!

Dog kennel converted to pellet storage and one rally happy puppy. Gets to live permanently inside with me. Happy me too!

BE5AF0B2-1C3B-4F78-8291-F9ACB7B64115.jpeg

Thanks to all. I’ll be okay. Positive thinking is my way.  Besides I have the best caregiver in the world. My Shepard won’t leave my side. Just kidding!  

Archived