SASS Wire Forum

147gr special TC's from Moulton Lead

I know the Moulton lead is no longer.

Too Bad!

Does anybody make this design anymore?

--Dawg

I would also be interested in the answer.

When Moulton went away Ringer made a coated version,

Life caught up to him (read work) and his bullets went away. (they were fantastic by the way)

My preference for this style was because it fed very well in both a Marlin Cowboy Comp and a '73 at the same COL of 1.5 or so. In addition it served as a solid KD round in the pistol.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

2 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

I know the Moulton lead is no longer.

Too Bad!

Does anybody make this design anymore?

--Dawg

I contacted a Pard in Maine that lives near Single Action whom owned Moulten Lead. This is what I got back:.    He sold out to Nate Morris aka Justin a shootout from Connecticut over the winter . I figure it should be shooter, not shootout however. Best I could do so far. If you have a phone number for Single Action, it may be worth a try. I never kept any details as the hard cast bullets left way too much lead in my Rugers and I went to soft cast years ago. I now use "Slippery Bullets" made by a Pard in New Hampshire. He doesn't make the 147 though.

EH 

Just learned "Justin a Shootout" is the correct alias. I'll try to find contact info and see if he's up and running.

Howdy Dawg.

I found an open box of 147s in my stash and I know there are at least 900 in the box. Only thing is they are not sized or lubed. I used to buy them from Island Pond Paul this way so I could size and lube with SPG for my wife's Marlin. If you want them send me a PM and I can figure a price and shipping.

B.P.

they look like this but sized to .358

www.cheycastbullets.com

9mm 147 grain FP .356

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Don't know why I can't insert link but copy/paste should work

Link doesn't work ;) 

Google search showed business info, but no web link.

Nate Morris now owns Molten lead bullets. his email address is (morrnat@hotmail.com)

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Sorry to bug ya SAG

but neither the link or email bring any joy. 
Gateway Kid

If you Google Morris Munitions LLC you will find some address info. Nathan Morris in Baltic, Connecticut 

I emailed Nate Morris, and here is his reply:

I am still getting going in the new business but I can make those bullets for you very shortly. I have a Facebook page Morris Munitions. I have not put up a price list and info yet. Hope to get this all going very shortly. 

Nathan Morris
Justin A. Shootout

--Dawg

Wish these folks would realize we don't all do Facebook.

Archived