SASS Wire Forum

What We Need For Super Bowl Half Time

Subdeacon Joe

35 minutes ago, Redleg Reilly, SASS #46372 said:

We don't need any military support for the NFL.  Everyone just needs to walk away.

How about thinking of it as a popular venue in which to showcase our armed forces?

Just now, Subdeacon Joe said:

How about thinking of it as a popular venue in which to showcase our armed forces?

Maybe popular with some, but you have it backwards, the NFL wants the reflected glory of our military to try and pretend to be something they are not.

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

Maybe popular with some,

yeah, all two of us.  That's why the SB is the most watched show in the US.  
May I safely assume that you don't drive a car, buy any fuel, wear any clothes, or buy any food from any store?

Just now, Subdeacon Joe said:

yeah, all two of us.  That's why the SB is the most watched show in the US.  
May I safely assume that you don't drive a car, buy any fuel, wear any clothes, or buy any food from any store?

Haven't watched it since Dad passed and that was in 2005.  Your second sentence has nothing to do with the event.  I do consider what products I purchase and from whom. I don't use TV, ex rarely my own movie collection.

What’s a “Super Bowl”?

Kidding. I know what a Super Bowl is. I saw my last one over 15 years ago. I have seen bits and pieces over the years. I just have a hard time participating in it. 

1 hour ago, Injun Ryder, SASS #36201L said:

It was the best day of the year to go on a long M/C ride in socal!:D

Yes it was…just had to be sure and get home before the end of the game. Drunk drivers abound!

Archived