SASS Wire Forum

Found A Little Kid This Morning

Yul Lose

I went to a hardware store this morning to buy some bolts and nuts for something  I’m working on and when I came out of the door to the store there was a little blond headed boy about 4 years old, I would guess walking around the parking lot by himself. I asked him where his mom and dad were and he said “mommy”. I asked him where she was and he didn’t answer so I took him by the hand and took him back into the store and took him to the sales counter and showed the cashier what I had found. She said “ that’s Jason and he lives down the street and we’ll call his mom.”  So I left him in their care and left. Should I have called the Sheriffs office and reported finding him? You hear about all of the missing kids now days and that hardware store is in a fairly rural area and it wouldn’t be that hard to just grab a wandering kid like that and disappear with him. Maybe his folks should be warned about the dangers.

Good on you Yul. Also think a call to authorities may be in order. By the reactions of the store folks, this seems to be a regular occurrence. 

Old family story,  Mary's youngest sister had nobody to hand things down to, including chores.  She got to complaining that she was adopted just to work.  Her mother had a dry sense of humor would laugh and say, "Who'd adopt a kid like you?" :unsure:

Good job Yul. 

Years ago we had some neighbors that would just let their 3 year old wander. I took the kid home a couple of times and got grief from the b****y Mexican lady so one day I called the cops. The cops came and called children’s services. Children’s services started frequenting their abode and I never saw that little girl out by herself after that. 
Kicker was, these people were only towing the line to keep the authorities away. They were heroin traffickers…for a while anyway, until papa and mama went to prison and the kids went to children’s services. 
God only knows where they all are now. 

Ya done good, Yul.  

And a good thing ya didn't decide to take it home... they get kinda 'spensive after a while.  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Good on you Yul. Also think a call to authorities may be in order. By the reactions of the store folks, this seems to be a regular occurrence. 

Yes, it does.

Jason's parents need the local Sheriff's Dep. to bring him home.  Second time, I imagine he will have a new home, at least temporarily, while his parents deal with Child Endangerment charges. 

That's a tough call to make and a very hard  trigger to pull, knowing the disruption a little kid will experience, but it is his parents pulling that trigger, not you. 

And who knows what his home is really like.  He deserves a chance in life.  Let the Court deal with it.   I don't trust courts very much any more, but it's really all that we have for something like this.   

Yul, you did well. I testified in several cases on child endangerment charges. It is never pleasant, but you should file a report. Think how you will feel if he is kidnapped or run over.

I too would report it Yul.

It does NOT make you a busy-body.

You will feel terrible, if a week from now, you read of the child getting hurt or worse, when the chance to intervene is before you.

We are seeing far too many occasions that could have been avoided with early intervention.

Archived