SASS Wire Forum

Chicagoland toll roads question

Question for you folks up in/near Chicago:  My wife and in-laws will be tooling around Chicago tomorrow and were wondering how much the toll is on the roads up there.  They'd like to have exact change available, if possible.  I don't know which roads they'll be using.  Are the tolls consistent around town and can you just throw the change in a basket as you pass, like other toll roads I've been thru?

Any info about which roads cost how much, would be helpful.

Thanks, 

Angus

If they have a transponder you can buy and load, it makes life easier. We do that when going to Florida.

7 minutes ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

Thanks.  It looks like it's not going to be as easy as we hoped. :mellow:  Oh, well.  It was worth a shot.

I'm sure they'll manage.

Very easy. If they don't have a compatible toll tag, do the online plate registration. It is much cheaper than having them mail you a bill.

BTW There is no way to pay cash. All the toll plazas use plate readers.

Drove across IL twice this week.  Solid road construction every other 3 miles with not a construction worker in sight across the state.  Amazing, it’s almost like they park the equipment, put up the signs, collect the money from crooked politicians etc without doing and work and slowing down the traffic.

2 hours ago, JD Lud said:

Drove across IL twice this week.  Solid road construction every other 3 miles with not a construction worker in sight across the state.  Amazing, it’s almost like they park the equipment, put up the signs, collect the money from crooked politicians etc without doing and work and slowing down the traffic.

And let the state collect 2X fines for speeding in work zones.

Archived