SASS Wire Forum

What would you take?

Alpo

You have decided to carry a small first aid kit everywhere. In this first aid kit you are going to put three OTC medications. Not your prescription drugs that you have to take every day. Stuff that may come in handy and an emergency. But you only have room in your small kit for three.

What would you take?

I'm thinking Imodium, Advil, and Benadryl.

I carry an IFAK both on and off duty that is majorly set up for major bleeding trauma ie gun shot/stab wounds. I also stocked the small pouch in both with Boo-Boo supplies,  i.e. band-aids, sting ease, anti biotic ointment, etc. I also put in several meds... you named three I put in, Ibruprohen, Imodium, and Benadryl, but I also added some Tylonol and pure asprin.  

JEL

I used my vacuum sealer and made individual packages of 10 pills each.  I then cut small slits on the sides so they're easy to tear open. 

JEL20220622_092841.thumb.jpg.cf89d9521bd70c1c29bcdccb87012c77.jpg20220622_092916.thumb.jpg.2a5d87fb5937e0fb9c1ff7d19fcf8bc8.jpg20220622_092927.thumb.jpg.cbf1cb5bd6e8d1af1ae78027c89eb9a2.jpg

My blow out kit has naproxin sodium as the nsaid. Processed by the kidneys not liver.

I carry naproxin, alkaseltzer and vitamin c in my road bag.

My LBE setup has immodium, nsaids and Alka seltzer and benadryl in addition to splints slings and kerlix/bandage stuff

Archived