SASS Wire Forum

The Southeast Regional AMBUSH AT CAVERN COVE

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

I am going on the record and predicting a shakeup on the Trail Driver award this year. Land Run is going to change the status quo. I am liking Tennessee's chances this year!

Maybe so.  I took a look at who's coming and there were a few that I didn't see from TN.

40 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Maybe so.  I took a look at who's coming and there were a few that I didn't see from TN.

Ole Tennessee Williams will be there and he’s been shooting pretty good lately. 

Randy

4 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Ole Tennessee Williams will be there and he’s been shooting pretty good lately. 

Randy

Counting on you too Randy!

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

4 weeks to go!  What's the over under on this match, 200 shooters?  176 as of five days ago.  I know @Sidekickisn't going to miss this.  I assume @Tennessee williamswill be there if he can get the feathers off his hand. 

We where at 185 on Monday, I have talked to a bunch of the camping folks, who have confirmed camping but not sent in apps. Maybe they are just planning on partying at the range?

24 minutes ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

We where at 185 on Monday, I have talked to a bunch of the camping folks, who have confirmed camping but not sent in apps. Maybe they are just planning on partying at the range?

I'm planning on doing both! By the way, I signed up for dry camp 8 and had it now I'm showing as dry camp 2. I don't even know where that is. :o

1 hour ago, Mister Badly said:

I'm planning on doing both! By the way, I signed up for dry camp 8 and had it now I'm showing as dry camp 2. I don't even know where that is. :o

I thought I had Dry Camp 8.  They aren't exactly well marked, but I'm sure we can all fit in.  You might want to stay a bit away from my tent, though, if you're sensitive to snoring.

2 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

I thought I had Dry Camp 8.  They aren't exactly well marked, but I'm sure we can all fit in.  You might want to stay a bit away from my tent, though, if you're sensitive to snoring.

Lol. I was listed on 8 awhile back. I don't know what happened. It's not a big deal but where the heck IS dry camp 2? If it's a snoring contest your after- game on!! Lol. I use a Jackery power supply to run my CPAP. I sleep in my truck bed. Looking forward to meeting you.

image.jpg

38 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

Lol. I was listed on 8 awhile back. I don't know what happened. It's not a big deal but where the heck IS dry camp 2? If it's a snoring contest your after- game on!! Lol. I use a Jackery power supply to run my CPAP. I sleep in my truck bed. Looking forward to meeting you.

image.jpg

No matter where you are on the range a certain gunfighter will be the king of snoring! Trust me…

I have not redone the map for the dry camp spots. How ever most of the guy who are tent camping camp along the edge of wha5 was the corn patch strip last year. This year it is just going to be tilled up earth. 
Pretty much pick a spot and camp.

15 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

Maybe I'll practice my squaw grip technique.:o

You oughta turn your squaw a little more to the right so's ya don't break the 170 when you pull that cross draw.  That or turn in your Baptist card and learn to dance! :lol:

Kajun

50 minutes ago, Krazy Kajun said:

You oughta turn your squaw a little more to the right so's ya don't break the 170 when you pull that cross draw.  That or turn in your Baptist card and learn to dance! :lol:

Kajun

You are correct. My left leg is a bit forward but I didn't rotate my hips/stance. That was the only day I practiced cross draw before becoming a Gunfighter. I had dropped a loaded pistol on the left hand to right transfer the prior weekend at Ringgold and vowed to never do it again. 

24 minutes ago, Mister Badly said:

You are correct. My left leg is a bit forward but I didn't rotate my hips/stance. That was the only day I practiced cross draw before becoming a Gunfighter. I had dropped a loaded pistol on the left hand to right transfer the prior weekend at Ringgold and vowed to never do it again. 

I've been trying to learn how to shoot GF for a few months and I've had my share of problems like anyone else.  Trying to convince my left hand to actually hit something when shooting has been a trying ordeal.  It's been a challenging process but I'm learning every day.

Kajun

On 8/30/2022 at 8:43 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

No matter where you are on the range a certain gunfighter will be the king of snoring! Trust me…

17 hours ago, Krazy Kajun said:

I've been trying to learn how to shoot GF for a few months and I've had my share of problems like anyone else.  Trying to convince my left hand to actually hit something when shooting has been a trying ordeal.  It's been a challenging process but I'm learning every day.

Kajun

Just leave your ear plugs in after the match and you'll be fine. 

7 hours ago, Buckey O'Neill , SASS Life #42761 said:

Signed up and planning to be there. This is my first match after a 10 year absence. Got my eyesight fixed and Black Powder ammo & shotshells loaded and ready!

Buckey, hope to see you there!

Randy 

7 hours ago, Buckey O'Neill , SASS Life #42761 said:

Signed up and planning to be there. This is my first match after a 10 year absence. Got my eyesight fixed and Black Powder ammo & shotshells loaded and ready!

We've been out about 6 years due to having kids late in life. My youngest is 8 now and has been shooting since he was 5 and he's finally big enough physical to shoot cowboy. We started in March. This is our first big match since 2012 and his first. 

JEL

Branchwater has been super busy with work and has not been producing videos lately. He is going to try to do a posse walk through video for the match, but will not be able to shoot that until steel is set. So if he has time to shoot the video it will be the week before the match after we set the steel.

Archived