SASS Wire Forum

The Southeast Regional AMBUSH AT CAVERN COVE

7 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Trying to theme things to Mustaches and sheep is harder than you would think. All ideas are welcome :D

Ask and ye shall receive. 

Here is your garnish. A mustache shaped lime(or lemon or orange peel)

Screenshot_20220809-203624_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e33ba375da90511002c32b70449b1ef2.jpg

Here is one of your ingredients.

Screenshot_20220809-203745_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d46f3771d32d35e362140d34a05136cc.jpg

The rest is up to you and your artistic and chemical talents. Personally, I like Old Fashions and Whiskey Sours but I don't think they'll fit in.

Sounds like a challenge!

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

Ask and ye shall receive. 

Here is your garnish. A mustache shaped lime(or lemon or orange peel)

Screenshot_20220809-203624_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e33ba375da90511002c32b70449b1ef2.jpg

Here is one of your ingredients.

Screenshot_20220809-203745_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d46f3771d32d35e362140d34a05136cc.jpg

The rest is up to you and your artistic and chemical talents. Personally, I like Old Fashions and Whiskey Sours but I don't think they'll fit in.

Sounds like a challenge!

Brilliant!!!!

5 minutes ago, Barkeep Casey said:

We need to be feeding them to the cracker crew. Something to make the trail driver award a bit more competitive

That sounds like a good idea, them seem unbeatable otherwise!

Randy 

3 hours ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Equal parts of Absinthe & Wild Turkey American Honey over ice will slow down the cracker crew.

I said slow down, not time warp them into next week.

After a few years off I think my Cracker Crew membership has expired. 

I'm signed up and still not showing so I hope more of the CC are signed up than the list shows. I look forward to seeing pards we haven't seen in awhile. 

JEL

:FlagAm: Years ago now, when I hunted in cold weather, Snow Shoes were popular with the group.  Equal parts of Wild Turkey and Peppermint Schnapps.  Guaranteed to give one a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.  Well, after a time the Snow Shoe evolved into the Snow Plow.  Equal parts of Wild Turkey 101 and Rumple Minze which is 100 proof.  Practically guaranteed to knock your "dickey do" into the terra firma.  Would give a definite edge to the non abiding side.

This will be our first year attending.  Annie and I missed being at the TN State this year.  I had my right knee replaced 5April and the left 24May.  Could not make the three day drive that soon after due to potential blood clots.  So, our 45th wedding anniversary trip is to Comin At Cha and the the South East Regional.  

We are both looking forward to visiting with friends we have made as well as the friends we will make.  Annie will also be celebrating her retirement from the Kroger Company.  Her hire date is 31JAN1973.  Forty nine plus years.  She says she started when she was five.  Not sure if that is true but I have learned that I do not disagree with the redhead.

Regards,

Chas B:D

MAX & OPHELIA PAYNE WILL BE THERE!   (Of Course!).

On 6/22/2022 at 5:39 PM, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I just enjoy watching Iron Cowboy put it on his old man.  

It's fun, but it gets a little uncomfortable when Bill starts crying.

I think the only time I have seen him shed a tear involved THE CAR

16 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Me, cry? 

160+ signed up and 40 days to go!

When are they going to update the who's coming list? My little guy is going nuts not seeing his name listed. 

JEL

1 hour ago, Mister Badly said:

Thank you sir. I don't Facebook anymore so never even seen that. 

JEL

On 8/2/2022 at 1:41 PM, Mister Badly said:

But, I'm thinking about shooting black powder. :o

Awesome!!!

On 8/9/2022 at 9:45 PM, Barkeep Casey said:

We need to be feeding them to the cracker crew. Something to make the trail driver award a bit more competitive

We won't have most of our shooters this year due to a lot of them going to Land Run a week later.  Its should be very competitive.  

I don't drink but if you have ever seen videos from the Florida State shootoff, you would know that it wouldn't slow most of them down.  The Saturday night after party at State is legendary and then we all get up and go do the shootoff bright and early.  It still hasn't help me get past the semis... :P

On 8/10/2022 at 6:43 PM, John E. Law said:

I'm signed up and still not showing so I hope more of the CC are signed up than the list shows. I look forward to seeing pards we haven't seen in awhile. 

JEL

We have a few signed up.  A lot are only going to Land Run the next week.  We should be able to hang though.  But we need some help from a few others... 

On 8/10/2022 at 9:36 AM, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

Equal parts of Absinthe & Wild Turkey American Honey over ice will slow down the cracker crew.

I hate missing this match and an opportunity to try this concoction! I hope everyone shoots well!

Stan

PS. Some of my best shoot-offs occurred when I was hung over!

On 8/8/2022 at 9:40 AM, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

See updates to schedule. We are holding all the events on the range.

That is GREAT! Really looking forward to being back at Cavern Cove! ALWAYS a great match and fun time! 

Big hugs!

Scarlett

On 8/10/2022 at 5:43 PM, John E. Law said:

JEL

Web page is up to date... well as update as it can be.  At this point we have 170 plus shooters with entrys arriving Dailey. 

Schedule has updates to it.

Live music Thursday evening.

Karaoke Friday evening

Live music Saturday evening.

Pretty sure Whiskey Creek will having some Hill Billy Shenanigans some where in there. 

We are having a pot luck on Thursday evening 

3 hours ago, Santa Fe River Stan,36999L said:

I hate missing this match and an opportunity to try this concoction! I hope everyone shoots well!

Stan

PS. Some of my best shoot-offs occurred when I was hung over!

I can verify that.  The after match get togethers always have some really good bourbon floating around and I've seen Stan and Dan partake in more than a few libations and then smoke everyone in the shootoffs

JEL

Ill never forget the parking lot posse and Drifter's "girlfriend". :D

Whiskey Creek with his massive connections in the entertainment industry has also help set us up for some fantastic live music Saturday night after awards. Should be a good time!

3 hours ago, Barkeep Casey said:

Whiskey Creek with his massive connections in the entertainment industry has also help set us up for some fantastic live music Saturday night after awards. Should be a good time!

I hope you ain't got Tennessee Willams booked to play his drumsticks! :D

Kajun

I am going on the record and predicting a shakeup on the Trail Driver award this year. Land Run is going to change the status quo. I am liking Tennessee's chances this year!

Archived