SASS Wire Forum

The Southeast Regional AMBUSH AT CAVERN COVE

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My name's not on the list yet, but I plan to be there.

Barkeep, you gonna have those Ghost Chicken drinks again?  I've really had a hankerin for one lately.

Well there has not been a ghost chicken sighting in a while, however there are still a 1000 ways to... at Cavern Cove. 

Schedule update.

The Creeker's will be playing on Friday evening.

Whiskey Creek is bringing a bit fun from the Hillbilly Nation capital, Black Gold.

Scotch B4 Noon should have his home-brew Octoberfest beer ready.

Any of you have something entertaining that you do at your annual shoot let me know, it might get included in the entertainment. 

Just sent in Little Shyster's Revenge and my app today. It's his first big match and the first one for me since Comin At Cha in 2012:blink:

JEL

2 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

But…duelist…..one hand is…all…

Better not touch that!

Just like ole TW to have a duelist chicken!  Come to think of it ALL his chickens are SINGLE duelists! :o

Kajun

3 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

You still planning on handing out free whoopins or you gonna start charging folks?

I been trying to learn how to shoot GF since April and I can assure you I ain't giving nobody no whippins this year.

Kajun

3 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

You aint gotta lie to me to be my friend.

I mostly shoot GF like a one legged chicken hoping around....occasionally if I'm shooting at a range that you frequent I find another chicken leg on the ground and it helps me to git around a little better! ;)

Kajun

1 hour ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

What about the style points you will lose?

Yeah. You have a point. I shot my last stage at Black Gold clean using all black powder. I didn't tell my posse I was doing it. :D Six smokey shotgun knockdowns. It helped me get over some left pistol issues. I looked like a smoky Chunk Connors. :P

Are the posse assignments going to be made by you., or do we go to Practiscore and sign up for posses ourselves?

14 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

Are the posse assignments going to be made by you., or do we go to Practiscore and sign up for posses ourselves?

The posse assignments will be made by Drake Robey. Posse Marshal’s will be picked by Reno Mustang.

On 8/3/2022 at 5:12 PM, Captain Bill Burt said:

That reminded me to pay the balance on the place we found right up the road.  We'll be about a mile or so from the range this year, which will allow for more socializing!

I'll be glamping in my truck topper. Go VOLs

IMG_20220714_162253454_HDR~3.jpg

44 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Camping on the range is the best way.  I don't know about that uglyass Tennesee orange but to each, his own.

That's definitely what we wanted to do, but the slots booked up so fast. We were able to get an AirBnB, entire 3 BR house, on the river, less than 10 minutes away, for $93 a night. They'll be 6 of us....4 shooters 2 waddies. 

JEL

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Camping on the range is the best way.  I don't know about that uglyass Tennesee orange but to each, his own.

They paid for my son's education. They are the greatest!!!:D and my son paid for the Big Orange tent.;)

1 hour ago, Marshal TKD, Sass # 36984L said:

See updates to schedule. We are holding all the events on the range.

Great.   I love the one stop, shop.  It eliminates me getting lost trying to find some Goose Pond or Gunter's Lake State park lodge.  Park the camper and go find Barkeep with no worries.

1 minute ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Great.   I love the one stop, shop.  It eliminates me getting lost trying to find some Goose Pond or Gunter's Lake State park lodge.  Park the camper and go find Barkeep with no worries.

Hide your pots and pans and anything else made out of stainless steel.  There's going to be an inebriated gunfighter wandering around jeweling random stuff. 

I'm just glad he didn't want to take up tattooing. 

23 minutes ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

Hide your pots and pans and anything else made out of stainless steel.  There's going to be an inebriated gunfighter wandering around jeweling random stuff. 

I'm just glad he didn't want to take up tattooing. 

I'm just waiting on my Cratex rod from Brownell's.  Then I'm gonna make the whole world shinny.

Did you know that some people have jeweled brass carriers in the 73?  Hmmm.

2 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I'm just waiting on my Cratex rod from Brownell's.  Then I'm gonna make the whole world shinny.

Did you know that some people have jeweled brass carriers in the 73?  Hmmm.

Jeweled Brass Carriers! Say it ain’t t so.

On 7/26/2022 at 5:47 PM, Diamond Jake said:

My name's not on the list yet, but I plan to be there.

Barkeep, you gonna have those Ghost Chicken drinks again?  I've really had a hankerin for one lately.

Unfortunately, that was a onetime only themed drink. I can always make you the blue margarita, but the gummy chicken feet I will not have. I have been working on a themed drink to work with "a million ways to die in the west" but haven't landed on one yet. Trying to theme things to Mustaches and sheep is harder than you would think. All ideas are welcome :D

The 'Hot Tin Roof' in honor of the estimable Tennessee Williams. 

This is a patented, trademarked secret drink invented by me just now.

3/4 ounce of Fireball, 3/4 ounce of bourbon and a layer of Bacardi 151 on top.  Ignite, let warm, drink. 

Here's the kicker, it's designed for duelists and gunfighters, so you can only drink one if you have another poured and ready to go in the other hand.  That rule applies to the one in your offhand as well.  You can only drink that one when you have a fresh one to replace the first one.  Continue until arms are too tired or the liquor runs out. 

5 hours ago, Captain Bill Burt said:

The 'Hot Tin Roof' in honor of the estimable Tennessee Williams. 

This is a patented, trademarked secret drink invented by me just now.

3/4 ounce of Fireball, 3/4 ounce of bourbon and a layer of Bacardi 151 on top.  Ignite, let warm, drink. 

Here's the kicker, it's designed for duelists and gunfighters, so you can only drink one if you have another poured and ready to go in the other hand.  That rule applies to the one in your offhand as well.  You can only drink that one when you have a fresh one to replace the first one.  Continue until arms are too tired or the liquor runs out. 

Is this the new strategy to beat Tennessee Williams? I don’t think it will work!:D

Randy

30 minutes ago, Randy Saint Eagle, SASS # 64903 said:

Is this the new strategy to beat Tennessee Williams? I don’t think it will work!:D

Randy

We need to be feeding them to the cracker crew. Something to make the trail driver award a bit more competitive

Archived