SASS Wire Forum

Cheddite 209 primers @ BPI

Eyesa Horg

I buy from BPI on a regular basis, never had any problems.  I'd buy the Cheddite primers in a second if I didn't already have 5000+ Cheddite 209 already

I also patronize BPI and have never had an issue with Cheddite primers.

Thanks Eyesa, I just ordered 5K.  I held off for a few days hoping they would get some powder I wanted so they could both ship with one hazmat fee, but they haven't gotten anything I need, so went ahead with the primer order.   BPI's hazmat fee is higher than some others, but the total with all fees came to just under $350, or about $70/K delivered.  Not bad.  The same primers from Brownells would be considerably higher.

24 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Thanks Eyesa, I just ordered 5K.  I held off for a few days hoping they would get some powder I wanted so they could both ship with one hazmat fee, but they haven't gotten anything I need, so went ahead with the primer order.   BPI's hazmat fee is higher than some others, but the total with all fees came to just under $350, or about $70/K delivered.  Not bad.  The same primers from Brownells would be considerably higher.

My pleasure, you will be pleased with the Cheddites. They are very slightly larger, so may be an issue if you went back Wins or Feds. But 5k will likely outlast the hulls. I've used on both AAs and STSs flawlessly.

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

My pleasure, you will be pleased with the Cheddites. They are very slightly larger, so may be an issue if you went back Wins or Feds. But 5k will likely outlast the hulls. I've used on both AAs and STSs flawlessly.

I am currently using Cheddites, bought my first brick of them last year, getting low now.  I'm very happy with them, and can't see any reason to go to any other brand (and with 5K I probably won't need to anyway). 

Midsouth has Fiocchi 209s for $70/1,000.  I shot some at CO State last week in my BP shotgun shells with no failures to fire.  See https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00136616/fiocchi-209-shotshell-primers-1000-count?Tk=DFPR.  I tossed the spent hulls after firing and did not care that the primer pockets were enlarged by using Fiocchi 209s. 

• 2 weeks later...

Mine arrived Friday. So I'm good for a few years on 209's!  They actually attempted delivery Thursday but I wasn't home because I had been given no notice of shipment.  Anyways, they still have them for the same price, and the limit is 20K primers.

Archived