SASS Wire Forum

Would it destroy the fingerprints

Alpo

Let's say hypothetically that someone decided to throw a Molotov cocktail at your house.

But they didn't throw it hard enough, and it landed in the front yard, and the plug came out of it, and the gasoline started leaking out in the yard and caught fire.

So you call the fire department and they come over with a 1a10bc and put the fire out.

Would the chemical from the fire extinguisher have destroyed the fingerprints on the bottle - would the cops still be able to raise them so they could prove that it was Father Kit that tried to burn my house down?

The heat from the fire and/or the flammable liquid in the wine bottle would both destroy the fingerprints.  Fingerprints are actually pretty delicate since it is just an impression of your fingertips left by the oil on your skin.    Fire departments are experts at destroying crime scenes with their big feet and equipment.  

Use 9 mil. 5 mil can still transfer a fingerprint indent.

https://codes.findlaw.com/ca/code-of-civil-procedure/ccp-sect-2025-420.html

Per the anarchy types I used to work with.

PS: This is for humor only and not meant as advice to commit illegal acts. ;)

49 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Asking for a friend?

>I turned back to thefireman, and asked, “So, what happened with it?”

He shrugged. “Don’t believe all the stuff you see in the movies. These things are a lot trickier than you would believe. The fuse can fall out, the bottle might not break, hell, half the time the guy throwing it sets himself on fire! You only use these things when you can’t do it a better way. My bet? Whoever threw this had never done it before. He didn’t throw it hard enough or far enough, and the bottle landed on the lawn. The glass didn’t break, the rag came out, and all the gas spilled and started the lawn fire.”

The second fireman, the guy who had used the fire extinguisher on it, said,“We should save the bottle. Maybe they can get some fingerprints or something off it.”

“I think that’s a very good idea,” agreed the cop. They scrounged up a bag to carry the empty bottle in, and the police officer put it in the trunk of his car. The rescue truck cleaned up and left,<

I just wondered if they were wasting their time trying to print the bottle.

Would the chemical from the fire extinguisher have destroyed the fingerprints on the bottle - would the cops still be able to raise them so they could prove that it was Father Kit that tried to burn my house down?

Father Kit  always wears gloves when committing heinous acts of violence.

Snip-it_1655822445970.jpg.d864772f1112bfc434660304aa2d3309.jpg

1 hour ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Abbie Sciutto could do it 

Even if Kit wore gloves. I remember her solving a murder by identifying the wear marks on a pair of leather work gloves.

I can understand her identifying the wear marks on the glove fingertip. I just don't understand how the glove left a fingerprint. Unless the safe dial was coated with oil, or maybe there was a layer of motor oil on the gloves.

Oh well. Just goes to show that Abby was a forensic genius.

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

Oh well. Just goes to show that Abby was a forensic genius.

Abby also could produce DNA and other forensic results in a couple of hours.  We were lucky to get results back in 6 months from the State Crime Lab.  We had in-house fingerprint experts with access to the GCIC/NCIC fingerprint databases.  Fingerprint work could be done pretty fast.   Many cases were pled out before the State Crime lab results ever came back.  

17 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Abby also could produce DNA and other forensic results in a couple of hours.  We were lucky to get results back in 6 months from the State Crime Lab.  We had in-house fingerprint experts with access to the GCIC/NCIC fingerprint databases.  Fingerprint work could be done pretty fast.   Many cases were pled out before the State Crime lab results ever came back.  

Why would it take so long ?are they really that bussy or back up ?

3 hours ago, The Shoer 27979 said:

Why would it take so long ?are they really that bussy or back up ?

Mostly underfunded.  The state doesn't pay nearly as well as private industry and it's hard to get and retain qualified people.  Then the qualified person who ran the tests is required to testify in court during a trial.  That takes them out of the lab for at least a day.  The cases get backed up and the high profile cases get pushed to the front, adding to the mess.

Archived