SASS Wire Forum

WTB 1897 12ga shotgun

Good Evening All,

newer shooter here.  Shot 2nd match today and have gotten to shoot both 1897 pump, and SxS shotguns.  After getting to use both I was looking to see if anyone had or knew anyone looking to sell an 1897 pump.

Looking for 

-12 gauge

-20 inch barrel-or close too.

-reliable/fully functioning

-reasonable wear

-hoping to be in like $500-650 range if possible.

thank you all!!

Raylan

Raylan 500-650 range is a tad low for a fully CAS ready shotgun , I would say increase your budget to $750 if you want to buy here. There is one selling for $725 here.

Other option is to buy the gun without any work from Guns International or Guns America , do not even think of Gun Broker as you will most likely end up paying taxes.

Once you have them then depending on your location you can send to Lefty Wheeler in TX or Roy’s Creek Dan in OK to do the work.

I have 2 1897 from Roy’s Creek Dan and one from Lefty , as 1897 is my main match rifle and I wanted to have 3 just in case one has to go to the Gunsmith :)

I am a relatively new shooter started November 2021 and fell in love with the 1897. But remember this platform needs a lot of practice than SXS and takes time to master , which is where the fun is :)

Regards

The Spaniard 

13 minutes ago, thespaniard said:

Raylan 500-650 range is a tad low for a fully CAS ready shotgun , I would say increase your budget to $750 if you want to buy here. There is one selling for $725 here.

Other option is to buy the gun without any work from Guns International or Guns America , do not even think of Gun Broker as you will most likely end up paying taxes.

Once you have them then depending on your location you can send to Lefty Wheeler in TX or Roy’s Creek Dan in OK to do the work.

I have 2 1897 from Roy’s Creek Dan and one from Lefty , as 1897 is my main match rifle and I wanted to have 3 just in case one has to go to the Gunsmith :)

I am a relatively new shooter started November 2021 and fell in love with the 1897. But remember this platform needs a lot of practice than SXS and takes time to master , which is where the fun is :)

Regards

The Spaniard 

where did you see the one posted for $725? not sure where on here I should be looking for that.

Sent you a PM

Archived