SASS Wire Forum

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY - To all the Dads

Thanks Kit, Happy Father’s Day to you and everyone. :)

My daughter asked me what I would like to do today. I said “I would like to take my daughter to the shooting range and then have burgers and fries for lunch somewhere nice.”

This turned into a family event. :D

My daughter, son-in-law, grandson and my wife are all going to go with me now. 

I haven’t gone shooting with my daughter in 18 years. 
It should be a really great day. :)

Grand kids in from Guam, three more local.   Ribs on the BBQ, green beans and bacon, ice cream bar and all afternoon in the pool.  Sent videos of the above to #1 daughter and SIL who are PCS in transit from Guam to DC.  Perfect day.

Couple of naps.  Practice for rehearsal tomorrow and gig on Saturday night next week at PJ's Roadhouse.  Cooked dinner but didn't have to clean up - Filet to med rare, roasted garlic and sauteed mushrooms on top, asparagus and green beans, shrimp, and cheddar potato cakes.  Now I'm sitting with a glass of wine and a pipe.  Lovely day!

Casted round balls this morning. Biscuits and gravy for breakfast. A nap. Did nothing for a while. Another nap. Took the dog for a short walk. Watched some hunting on the tube. Wife and daughter washed my truck inside and out. Shower then bed. Got to get up early.

Short text conversations with two sons and a daughter-in-law. 

I briefly thought about Mary and I going out to breakfast but I was already dressed in my work clothes and skillet was ready.  Cut some firewood. 

I've been quiet about it, but after a week in San Antonio for training, I, along with two of my co-workers, tested positive for Covid. I quarantined for five days, but unfortunately passed it along to Mrs. Doc and my eldest daughter. So not much going on today with them or my youngest daughter, to keep her from being exposed.

Instead, I went and got a haircut, went to Home Depot to make use of the gift card I received for Father's Day. Realized I shouldn't be allowed in places like that unsupervised. Not as bad as a gun store, but still dangerous. After that, I ran a few errands that needed done since we hadn't been out and about much for a couple of days, worked on the yard just a little bit, then went down and putzed around my hobby area for a bit. Just spent some time texting my youngest daughter, and she wants to get together Sunday. Looks like I might get a tattoo with her. I promised her a long time ago, before Covid became a thing in the first place. We'll see.

All in all, not a bad day. I'm finishing it up enjoying some of my Dad's favorite ice cream, Butter Pecan.

Had a great time hanging out with my sons and the ex-wife cooked pasta for us. We even played catch just like the old days. My sons are 53 and 51.

We also watched some baseball , Guardians( INDIANS) against the LA Dodgers, good game Cleveland won. They won 2 out of 3 this weekend.

We had a great time!!;) Food was excellent!

We just got through the covid-thing.
Lost almost half a month, and she still has the nagging bark, and I have the fatigue.
It took 14 days before the home test showed Negative.

If you can keep it out of your lungs, you are waaay ahead of the game.
We do this by steaming every hour or so.
Hot water boiler + towel over the head, 25 deep breaths (2 minutes).
I found a German study that shows steam kills the bug while in the nose and throat, before it descends into the lungs.
This is a low-tech solution (read: no corporate profit) so it gets little media attention.

IMG_0407.steam.hot.water.jpg

stayed home, watched some old TV, ate a pan of corn bread with lots of butter and honey and about a half pound of bacon on the side, drank three or four bottles os sarsaparilla, and refused to answer the phone or door bell at all.

The dog and I took copious naps, too.

Absolutely wonderful day.

Archived